Angina Community
328 Members

how to i start

hi all, i am new to this corner of medhelp, and my question is "where do i start?" i am looking for a thread perhaps containing the "must know" abbreviations, medical terms and other angina specific / this post about angina information.  Having been in a previous support group on here, and when i was stuggling in learning the ropes, i found an 'old-timer' who referred me to a thread to read- which got me started on the right path of information?knowledge seeking about that particular disease.  
Now i am faced with Angina- and want to learn as much about it as possible, bcuz i will not lie to you, I am terribly scared right now.  I was just told at hosital last night that my descriptions of these"episdoes/attacks" plus my EKG show that there has been 'insult/injury" (canot remember the Dr's specific words) to my heart, and they told me it was angina i was experiencing during my attacks, and they Rx'ed me Nitro, Metroprolol 50 mg & 81 mg of aspirin.  Already i have learned a heart term - apparently doctors like to say insult to a heart.  
so- i guess my question would be described as asking for any info for a newbie to get started on uderstanding.
thank you all
Albany
also sorry if this is in the wrong place- i didnt know which particular place to put it
If you are looking for research to do i would check into the Cleveland Clinic site by goggling it out for a start......then i would move onto the Physicians Desk Reference which is a publication that physicians use as a reference and possibly from there go to the New England Journal of Medicine.............those three will give you a jump start on research...good luck with this............
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.