significant imporvemnt in heart EF

Is it Possible after 25 years for the heart EF and Afib to make a significat improvement - 35% to 53%? from periodic afib to no afib?

I was diagnosed with LBBB and had pacemaker installed in 1992. I am now on my 3rd one. in 1992 my LVEF was said to be 61%. My ability to perform task has steadily decreased.

on or about 2000 diagnosed with afib with an EF of 38%. In 2008 MUGA said EF is 49% with ECHO at 38%. In 2012 Afib with EF at MUGA at 41% and ECHO at 35%. This month they was testing to determine if an upgraded Pacemaker or Dfib needs to be installed ECHO said 35-39% MUGA said 53% and no Afib.  

So is it possible for the heart to make this level of improvement with symptoms remaining the same. I cannot walk a football field without resting. Can not walk up a single flight of stairs without stopping (23 steps).

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.