Animal Health - General Forum

Bump between pads on back foot

I happen to notice a bump on between my dog's pads today, and I am not sure what it is.  At first I thought it was a blister but when I searched online for pictures of dog blisters, they don't seem to look like what's on my dog.  It is about half the size of a pea, and it is pink.  I don't see any obvious pus or blood.  It also doesn't seem to bother her as I don't notice any limping or favoring of the other back leg.  Basically I'm wondering if this is something that needs to be looked at by the vet and possibly biopsied, or if it is something that I can just monitor and keep clean at home.

I took a few pictures:

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/ultra_heavybeat/?action=view&current=P1030202.jpg
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/ultra_heavybeat/?action=view&current=P1030204.jpg
Any new or unusual bump should definitely be evaluated by your veterinarian. It does not look like a blister. It could be anything from a cyst, a papilloma, a benign growth, an abscess, or something more serious. Your veterinarian may be able to do a needle aspirate and look at the cells under the microscope to give you an idea of what it is. If it is something serious, you want to get it taken care of while it is still small and while your Pug is still asymptomatic. I'm glad you're paying attention to your girl and checking her over--that will help you keep her healthier longer!
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.