Lump on my dogs lip

I have a female puggle, she is almost 3 years old. I have had her since she was 8 weeks and she has always been very healthy. All of her shots have always been kept up to date as well.

Recently i noticed a bump on the outside of her bottom lip. It probably about the size of a small pencil eraser on the tip of the pencil but does not protrude very far. It is a little red but mainly the color of her skin (black) There is no white tip that would lead me to believe it is a pimple. There is no puss coming from it or anything and it does not seem to cause her any pain. What could this be?
Read more
Follow - 2
Upvote - 0

The bump on your dogs lower lip could be several things but my recommendation would be to see your vet and have it removed and biopsied to get a diagnosis.

It could be a benign mass or it could also be a tumor like a cutaneous call carcinoma.

The sooner you know exactly what it is, the quicker you can take an appropriate course of action.

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM