Aa
A
A
A
Close
Animal Health - General Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
897761 tn?1241734009

Neuter Reaction

My Boxer puppy is almost 6 months old and we just had him neutered about a week and a half ago.  After the surgery the veterinary assistnt advised my boyfriend and I to not let him bounce around and play too much, as she has two boxers herself and the surgery did not affect them in the least bit.  We got him home the night of the surgery and it was just as she said, he acted as if othing had happened and wanted to play. We had a tough time keeping him calmed down. We were given a painkiller for him but did not use it, as he was acting totally normal.  Now a week and a half later, he isn't eating too much, has slight diarrhea every morning for the past few days, acts very shy as if he is afraid of something ( which is VERY different from his normal playful self), and has a small rash on either side of the inside of his back legs. I'm wondering if this has something to do with him being neutered, or something entirely unrelated or if I'm just imagining things  All I know is that my fun-loving puppy is not the same and I'm worried.
1 Responses
544774 tn?1217162873
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
This problem sounds unrelated but an exam should be done.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child