Animal Health - General Forum

Treatment options

On Thanksgiving my Yorkie developed vomiting and diarrhea.  The day before, she somehow pulled a leaf off of a yucca plant on our patio.  It is a tall plant and she jumped up and pulled the tip off.  We got it quickly.  We also gave her some people food.  Vet gave her x-ray, B12 shot, Reglan, antiobiotic and IV fluid.  She was well until yesterday and started with vomiting and diarrhea almost instantly.  Vet met us at 9 p.m. and gave IV fluids, Reglan, B12 and antiobitic.  Have to keep her off food and water until this evening and only let her lick ice.  
She has had no further vomiting or diarrhea today and mostly sleeping.  Can a small puppy like this survive acute pancreatitis?  Her usual food has been Nutros lamb and rice in can and pellets.  It says it is for sensitive stomachs. She had no temperature elevation and was playful as soon as I brought her home last night.  She rebounds quickly with treatment.  What are your thoughts please and/or other recommendations.
Yes acute canine pancreatitis is easily resolved with a home-made bland diet fed in very small portions 3-4 times a day. Digestive enzymes and probiotics should be added to your dogs meals twice a day and fluids given as needed to promote proper hydration.
Should you want to follow up with me, that is fine.
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet