Animal Health - General Forum

What can I do for sneezing symptoms for my cat?

My one cat is 15 yrs. old, he is an inside domestic cat, very rarely goes outside unless he sneaks out, LOL...My question is in the past I had crushed up some vitamin C pills and put in with his can food, it actually seemed to help., but I was just made aware that this could be bad for a cats health, because it could cause kidney stones.  Do you see any problems with an occasional use of vitamin C for a cold or upper respitory infection?
Has your cat ever had a history of crystals or stones in your cats bladder, or crystals in her urine?  If not, and you only give 100 to 200 mg's of vitamin C once per day there should not be any problem.  Cats who are prone to urolithisis, bladder or kidney stones have a hereditary predisposition to produce stones or crystals from the components in their diet, regardless of whether they ingest vitamin C or not.  These cats must be on special diets.  

An even better bet for your cat would be to give your cat 1/8 of a human dose of a human antioxidant supplement containing vitamin C (Vitamin C is one of the antioxidants).  I have found antioxidants to be very helpful for upper respiratory and other infections.
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet