Animal Health - General Forum

after spaying

on wednesday my dog was spayed and had her stomach stapled.  she has been doing fine. sutures look great.  now she has blood tinged urine.  is this dangerous?
I am glad that she is acting normally.  Blood tinged urine is not a normal occurrence at any time.  It could just be a coincidental urinary tract infection, or it could be residual bleeding from the hysterectomy (that is what a spay is).  The vagina and the urethra are extremely close together anatomically, so that blood from the hysterectomy will pass down the vagina and can appear in the urine.  Regardless of the cause, please call your vet ASAP about this.
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet