Animal Health - General Forum

cat with tooth abscess

My cat was diagnosed with a tooth abscess about a week ago. She was prescribed clindamycin liquid 1ml twice a day. She has been given the pre anesthesia testing several times in the past and has been unable to be anesthatised. When I took her to the vet she had a dark pink drainage from her right eye and right nostril. Her eye seems about 75% better but her nose is about the same. How long might it take to see improvement.? If she can't have the tooth removed what else can be done?
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet