Animal Health - General Forum

diet for pancreatitis in shih tzu

My 2 year old was just diagnosed with acure pancreatitis. She has food allergies to corn, rice, wheat, oats and chicken. What types of food can I feed her now? She eats venison and potatoes kibbles but what about soft food I can make?
You can feed her canned venison and potato, sweet potato, cooked or raw carrots, white potato, all with no added fat.  You should add probiotics to her diet also.  Don't change her diet for at least one month, than add additions very very slowly.
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet