dog catherter surgically incerted

I just brought my 9 1/2 year old dog home.  The vet thought he had a stone blocking the penis and tried to put in a catherter.  He cut the urethra while doing this.  So, my dog is home (2 days) with a surgically placed catherter and bleeds everytime he wets and ozes blood a bit at rest.  I called the vet when I got home and saw the bleeding and he said it was to be expected but didn't say for how long and I didn't think to ask.  How long should this happen?  How many days should I expect the bleeding to continue and how much should he be bleeding to begin with.  He's still very slow and doesn't move about much.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
It depends on how bad the cut was.  I would think about 3 days for the oozing and bleeding to ease up.  If you have a good health food store, or Chinese supermarket near by please purchase an herbal formula called Yunan Baiyo.  It is an oral formula for bleeding.  Each package comes with a small red emergency pill.  Give this to your dog immediately, than follow with the capsules at  a dose of 2 capsules per day for a small dog and up to 4 capsules per day for a large dog.  It should cut the bleeding time in half.