Animal Health - General Forum

eye infection!

hi, i have been going to the vet for the last 17 months to find a treatment for my dog s eye infection and so far nothing as been working, when i do the treament with drops it work for a few days and after the bottle is empty the infecton is back..

need help!!

thank you!
You could see a veterinary eye specialist for a 2nd opinion. The canine eye discharge may be sent to the lab for a culture and sensitivity which will reveal the exact cause and provide you with the best antibiotic to resolve your dogs eye infection. I am glad to follow up on this with you.
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.