Animal Health - General Forum

kitty acts sick

my sweet orange tabby is acting sickly. He is lethargic, not eating and is not responding to his fav foods...kitty treats and chicken. I did a rectal temp and it said 102.8   is he ok? i want to know if i should take him to the vet or wait this out? many thanks!
Hello- Your cats temperature is normal.

I would not wait, but would see your vet, ASAP determined your cats problem and address it promptly!

When cats do not eat, after several days they can develop Fatty Liver Disease which can become quite an issue and is best to avoid.

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.