Animal Health - General Forum

weight loss

My husky is 13 and eats very normal he has high energy and loves to walk.  However he has loss alot of weight.
I recently took him to my normal vet and they did every test possible (blood, heart worm, you name it) and found nothing, however they ask if he had been coughing and he had not at that time but now he is and occasionlly and  there is blood and his urine has blood sometimes but not all the time
Have a urinalysis run and perhaps abdominal xrays to try to pinpoint the exact cause of your dogs the weight loss. If you are able to post and share your dogs lab reports I am glad to review them and offer you much more specific suggestions
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.