Bulimic- getting blood work done

hello,

i have been mildly bulimic on and off for about 4 years. I'm getting regular blood work done this weekend just to check my thyroid and blood count. The Dr. doesnt know that I have been mildly bulimic. My question is this, what can show up in my blood work ? Should i be worried? I'm not a severe bulimic. Sometimes i throw up once a day sometimes 2wice a day sometimes i dont at all in days. Any advice would be greately appreciated. Thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Being bulimic for approximately 4 years on and off; and at times 1-2Xs per day is quite concerning.  You are much more entrenched in an eating disorder than you are aware.  For your well being, let your medical doctor know of your bulimia.  Also, if you haven't already seek help from a therapist specializing in eating disorders.  To address your question:  Over my 28 years of treating eating disorders, when we see any concerns on labs, we know the body is in great distress.  It is not uncommon for an individual to have great labs and within days end up in emergency with dehydration or cardiac problems even death.  Some irregular labs we may see are low potassium, excess cholestral, and high serum amylase levels found in the saliva.  To learn more about bulimia, medical complications, and treatment visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts  Los Angeles, CA
Helpful - 0
In your bloodwork electrolyte embalance can show up, and i'm sure other things, but i'm not a doctor so i'm not sure what else. i'm just another girl with an eating disorder.And by the way throwing up 1-2x a day is severe bulimia, and i would advise you to try and get help for it.
Helpful - 0
anyone?? please help?!?!?!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Forum

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?