Anxiety Disorder Community
229 Members

Lump in throat sensation

Hi All,

I have a sensation of a lump in my throat and tightness. I've had this for a few months now, since an HIV scare. HIV tests came back negative (both times) yet this throat issue has persisted. It's not all the time..... but has been for the last 8-9 days. It doesnt hurt....but is really annoying. I can still eat and drink without issues but I do feel this lump to one side.....sometimes feels like a piece of apple or a cornflake stuck in there. Of course.... I have some anxiety issues, so now I'm freaking myself out that it might be throat cancer. Has anyone else had this? Any tips/tricks to get rid of it? I find crushes ice and sleep sometimes help....but it just comes back again. Really want rid of it. Thanks
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.