Anxiety Community

12.5 Toprol XL and Citalopram

I recently have started experiencing panic attacks and anxiety according to the doc's in my 5 trips to the ER.  On one of those trips, I was admitted to the Hospital where they performed a nuclear stress test and a contrast CT and both came back normal as did all the blood work.  I visited a gastroenterologist who did an upper endoscopy and only found evidence of GERD.  My PCP put me on toprol-xl 25mg once daily in addition to my 40mg of lisinopril for HTN.  

I still fear that something is wrong with my heart that no one has found yet and the chest pain, headaches, shortness of breath, and dizziness continue (it's been about a month now).  From what I understand, though, this could all be caused by anxiety.  I'm starting to try and accept that this is anxiety driven, even though this is not something I've struggled with before.

I have an appointment with a psychologist next Wednesday, but in the mean time, my PCP has prescribed 20mg of Citalopram (Celexa Generic).  Looking on the drugs.com drug interaction checker, there is a potential interaction with the toprol and celexa that could even result in heart block.  The problem is, the drug interaction checker on that site doesn't take dosages into consideration.  I'm weaning off the toprol-xl from 25mg, I've been taking 12.5mg since Wednesday of this week, as I figure the SSRI might help the root cause rather than the beta blocker covering up the tachycardia but still feeling anxious and fearful.

My question is, does anyone know if 12.5 of Toprol-XL and 20mg of Celexa will cause an interaction?  I certainly don't want to develop any more problems than I already have going for me.  I thought about just waiting another week until I'm off the toprol completely but I'm seriously stressed/anxious and want to start the citalopram asap.

My Dr. didn't advise me of any interactions at all but after finding this interaction, the pharmacist told me it could cause some interactions to include bradycardia and hypotension, however, she wasn't sure about at what dosages.  

I'm 6'0 and 289 lbs if that makes any difference.  My most recent pressure was 130/74 and pulse of 72 although at lunch my hr was about 120 bpm (possibly rebounding from toprol weaning?)
I"ve been taking 30mg propanolol morning and night, due to tachycardia and svt for the past 4 years.  I started Citalopram 2 weeks ago, and I am now taking 5 - 10mg propanolol in the mornings only, and my heart rate goes from 50 to 130.  It's crazy.  I had an EKG done when it was in the 50"s and they said it was ok.  They too never said anything about an interaction but I read it online there was.  Anyways, I would just advise you watch your pulse or if you feel unusually tired/dizzy then check it.  If your hr is low, then lower your Toprol, and contact your Dr.    Good luck.