Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety & Depression - My Medicine

I am 32, suffering from Anxiety & Depression since last eight months. One thing that i had promised myself was not to take medicine at all and help through alternates like Yoga & Meditation. Well, though this helped me bits and pieces I gave a serious thought of seeing a psychiatrics.

The discussion was great and I am told to have Serta 10 in the morning and Zapiz 1 before sleep. Would appreciate if the experts can share the role of these medicines in getting me well again? Also would appreciate if you ever get addicted to these medicines and if they have any side effect.

Request your advice.
1 Responses
1666691 tn?1303757948
serta is sertraline? Has not many side effects usually,you could have some the first two weeks that pass,also takes about two weeks to take effect. Sertraline helps with the depression and anxiety, if it goes well after a year with doc advise you can try tapering off and your brain will continue doing what the med was doing for you.Sometimes people need it longer or indefenitly.Its not addictive but coming off it does cause discomfert at first for some people. i dont know what zapiz is.lily
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?