Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety Symptoms

Does anybody think that anxiety could present itself with same symptoms as Meniere's Disease?  Doctor diagnosed me with Meniere's, but after I had normal ENG, he now knows it's not Menieres.  
what are your symptoms?
Hi Bambi,

Yep anxiety can make you feel the same way as Meneires BUT so can a condition called labyrinthitis and benign paroxysmal vertigo. Both can cause vertigo and nausea if those are the symptoms you are referring too.

My symptoms are dizzy, lightheaded, bouncy feeling as I walk, off balance, nervous/jittery, can't go into stores or shopping because I feel like I will pass out, zaps/shocks in brain?, problems with eyes-like they are not getting enough O2, eyes shaky, things don't look real when I look at them, I feel like I'm out of place, not sleeping at nights, can't drive, can't concentrate or focus.  I have been to several ENT's and they have done an ENG and those things are normal.  I rarely get nauseated.  I feel the vertigo feeling constantly.  These symptoms last 24/7 and only get better if I take a Xanax.  That is the ONLY medication I take right now.  I just always feel weird, like I don't belong here and like I'm looking at the world thru someone elses eyes.  It's hard to explain.  I am VERY sensitive to light and noise.  It can be the slightest noise.   Like talking on the phone, my own voice, chewing-those things adjitate (sp?) me.  It feels like it runs all thru the nerves in my head.  ENT's don't think it's inner ear problems.  My eyes are the most bothersome.  Like something is wrong with the nerves behind my eyes.  Can anxiety do this to you?  
Lord I hope it's anxiety because that's how I feel and I'm treating it like anxiety.

Sometimes it feels like my feet are going an extra 3-4 inches into the floor, you know?  Like I'm trying to plant my foot but it's planting too early (still in the air).  Is that like your "bouncy" feeling?  I don't get the severe bouncy feeling all the time, but probably about 2-3 times a week and only at work.

1979 was a good year
That was one of my first diagnosis....it wasn't right though.
What have you been finally been diagnosed with?  Are you doing any better?