Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety about health

I get anxiety when there is something wrong with me and I don't know what it is. I worry about my health issues alot. So anyways I have been having some unexplained pain body aches lately and I am about to have an anxiety attack because I don't know what is causing it. ugh
Im sorry you and your daughter are sick right now. Yeah I think if you havent checked for any physical reasons that should come first. So seeing your doctor and having tests done first. But yeah being sick and in pain can also cause anxiety. But also anxiety can cause symptoms. Hopefully youll find out whats wrong soon. Hope you feel better.
There is such a thing as health anxiety. Many people have it. If you're having body aches it could be from being stressed out. I have anxiety also and I have the body aches a lot. Have you talked to your Dr about this or have you ever been in counseling? I would'nt recommend one, the other, or both. Counseling could really help you learn coping skills to deal with your health anxiety.
Oh yes I get it as well. Sometimes my anxiety causes pains like that as well. Another thing is I think depression can give you aches and pains. And of course when something is new it can cause anxiety to be even worse. I think you should talk to your doctor about all this. I know anxiety is really hard to deal with.
I thought it might be from the depression too, but I don't even feel depressed. I didn't have anxiety until after I got the pain so I don't think it is either of those. Urgh so frustrating. I am going to the medical doctor tomorrow maybe they can give me an answer.
Its the same thing with me. Ever since I got my appendix removed. Can you please explain your symptoms to me? Maybe we can compare :)
I remember going to the Psychiatrist for the first time because of anxiety. After a few visits she diagnosed me with depression too. I said, I am not depressed. But, once we really got in to therapy and I told her all of my symptoms I knew I had depression also. The body aches are bad with depression and anxiety.You may not have depression. It might be health anxiety.  Soaking in a hot bath tub can help a little. I try to see my chiropractor on a regular basis which really helps. Please let us know how your Drs visit goes tomorrow.
I went to the doctor today and they prescribed me Mobic. They wanted to do some blood work and test me for arthritis, but I had a fever and they said the fever could mess up the test. My daughter had a fever too we probably caught some bug. So I will have to go back when the fever goes away to get the blood work done. They also want me to come back in a month to see if the Mobic is working. Sometimes my hands cramp up when I am holding my phone up to my ear or when I am holding a drink. My shoulder blade hurt so bad earlier it felt like someone was stabbing me in it with a knife. I got a stabbing pain in my leg like that the other day. It is really weird though sometimes it feels like muscle pain, but when it is in my hands or feet it feels like my bones hurt. The other day it was so bad I could barely walk. I hope it doesn't get that bad again.
I'm sorry to hear you and your daughter are sick. It's getting to be that time of year when bugs are going around.
I think it's a good idea to start with your family Dr. If he finds nothing in your blood work to explain this pain you're having see a rheumatism Dr. They will do more in depth testing. Of course you can ask your family Dr if he does this test.  
If it is not arthritis I wondered if it could be something like fibromyalgia, but I am not really sure....I guess because I am not a doctor, lol.
My younger sister has both rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia,  That's why I was recommending seeing a Rheumy Dr if your tests come back normal. I really hope it's neither of those. When my sisters arthritis acts up it hurts in her joints. With the fibro it's more in the muscles.
The above poster is so right. Anxiety can cause all sorts of pain.
Are you and your daughter feeling any better? I hope so.
Wow that would be bad to have both! I don't have insurance so I go to a clinic that goes on a sliding scale fee. Without insurance I don't think I can see a specialist. We don't have fevers anymore but have some congestion and phlem still. The pain has gotten a little better the last couple of days so hope it just stays mild I can deal with that.
Yes, I feel so bad for her.
You might be able to see a specialist. If you tell them first that you have no insurance they may work with you just like the clinic does.
Thank goodness the fevers are gone. That means the congestion and phlem should continue to get better.