Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety and Head issues!

I have to say that with my anxiety it has been a horrid year. I have went from normal to agoraphobic in one year. I do have a constant head tingle that will not go away and a constant pressue. I can somtimes get it so bad when i stand up i can hear my heart beat in my head. I know that it sounds werid but with anxiety i heard that anything is possible. I went threw the last year worrying i had a brain tumor or i was about to have a stoke. Now i have had anxiety for over 15 years but.. This year was horrid! I just wondered if anyone else out here has had the head tingles? I mean they are so annoying. I sometimes think my anxiety wants me to hold on to one last thing lol! The thing being my head. I have always had head issues I mean if it wasnt pressure it was pain if it wasnt that is was numbness on the top of my head. I was just wondering if anyone out there is the same or has a simliar issue
Thank you!!!
I have tingles everywhere, head, arms, legs, back and the worse is my face.  I have had the brain MRI and the cervical MRI, only thing found was a bulging disk at C-3, C-4. Sometimes it feels like a bug crawling through my hair or sometimes its chills, llike you get when your cold, but only on my head, its very nerve racking, I know, been doing this for 6 years.  I worry so much about MS with these strange sensations, but nothing has ever showed up, and these are my only symptoms, I would imagine if it was MS there would be more problems arise by now, atleast thats what I am hoping.  Take care, and happy tingling!!!!
I too suffer from this constant head pressure/tingling feeling. It doesn't stay in the same spot either.. sometimes it is directly on top of my head and sometimes its further to the back and left. Its so annoying.  I have times when I feel fine and its not bothering me and then I'll get online and do research on brain tumors or other serious problems and my head just hurts so bad I have to go lay down.. its crazy.  I can't believe the things that anxiety can do to your body.  It can make you feel like there are so many different things wrong with you and the hard part is that it mimics some serious illnesses so you have symptoms that scare you to death.  I have been to 4 different doctors who tell me it is anxiety.  I have had all blood work done and everything is normal.  My symptoms have really flared since I was buying my first house.  About a week before closing I was so sick.. after closing was over things got better and I felt fine and now about 3 months later here I am again feeling bad.  I hate anxiety!!!!!
Hi. I have neck problems that is pressure in the back of my head and constantly cracking because of the pressure I would feel. Lately though I had numbness tingles in my toes and almost everywhere. One day all of a sudden I felt tingles big time on top of my head a week and a half ago. Last Friday, my ears completely plugged up for a few minutes. Then this past Tuesday night I had really bad pressure on top of my head. It felt like it was going to explode. It lasted for like 4 hours and the only thing that helped somewhat was laying flat on my back on the ground. Also I would get a little bit of comfor just for a second or two if I tilted my head to either of the side. Then nothing much happened on Wednesday except pressure around my ears... still plugged feeling... then again last night I had really bad pressure around ears then on top of my head. When I went to lay down on the ground I was getting a noise like a wave in my ears would pass by would plug up then open up as the wave passed. It happened about three times. When I had the tingles in my toes and stuff I did go on the web and searched and found things on MS and maybe I got so worried that all this could be result of anxiety? plus neck issues exist already? I usually have problems with my ears that is they will feel full plugged awkward and do have balance problems for many years now... could this be a tumor? or just anxiety? Please help.
Thank you and wishing everyone a long happy healthy life.
I to have anxiety disorder and for the past month or so I have had this constant pressure on the top of my head and it will not go away. It makes me feel confused...but also I have had a neck strain and the Dr thinks that it may be associated with the neck pain. I also get the tingling feeling in my arms.. and the clogging of my hears.. does anyone else get these symtoms///
I have been feeling this wierd feeling in the back and middle part of my head off and on for some time now.  It seems to be worse when there is a noise, like a smacking or cracking noise.(i.e.  breaking a small piece of wood, something hitting the roof of your car, etc.)  I have experienced numbness in my face and hands as well.  My insurance at work stinks now so I am not ready to go in right now.  What do you think?  I just bought a house and maybe stressed a little, but not sure if that is the culprit.

Thanks.
I am so glad I read this. I too think I may have anxiety. AT first I was having chest pains and then my left arm felt tingly, then I was having trouble breathing(so i thought) and then I would get a tingly sensation either in my head or all over I would just feel weak. I have also felt a lump in my throat. I went to the doc last week and we did a ekg to rull out heart trouble and a chest xray to check my lungs for the breathing issue. Nothing came up... I googled anxiety today and found a site that listed several symptoms of anxiety and I had at least five of them.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_types_symptoms_treatment.htm
H i really do think that you our suffering anxiety panic i have just sufferd for 1 year and mine is comming to an end i know how frightend you must be feeling but you have  had all the tests to show you our in  good health,but i was the same i walked out from the doctors and for some reason didnt beleive them.YOU MUST DO. it will come to an end and anxiety cant cause anything serious i am curently on medication which as helped me but that is your desicion there is a book i bought which as been my bible called DR CLAIRE WEEKES SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES. i suffered all your symtoms they are scarey and feel very real but you have to fight them only you can do it.

i wish  you all the luck in the world its terrifing you our not alone.

I have had panic attacks for almost 10 years now. I recently bought a house and had a baby. Since then (2 months ago) I have started having numbness/tingling in my arms, legs, hands, feet and face. Also, there is a kind of pressure every now and then in the back left side of my head. I even recently went to the ER and had and EKG, a chest x-ray and blood work because my panic attacks have gotten so severe that I really DID think I was having a heart attack. I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension and I think that really set off my worrying along with some financial problems and the death of someone close to me. Of course, now I am worried about brain tumors and poor circulation or stroke. Everyone keeps telling me I'm fine, but I don't feel fine.
Hey, im a 21 year old guy from the UK, came across this forum which i found whilst searching for information about anxiety. I've had anxiety for 3 years now, and it's severity varies from time to time. I don't know what it's like for you guys, but it worsens when i think/worry about it. Like for example, I'll be laying in bed and i'll notice the tingly sensation at the back of the right side of my head. I'll then worry about what it is and what it could be? and the amount of crazy thoughts that goes though my mind is insane! [haha] i went to the doctors 3 years ago a number of times, and they all said i was fine and it was "anciety". I had checks and everything, but apparently I'm fine.
I heard from somewhere that you can never totally get rid of anxiety, but you can learn to control it. I believe that statement, because over the years I have been trying my hardest to face the fact it's not life threatening and to focus. I have got better in general but it creeps back every now and then, which is annoying.

Anyway, i hope all you guys work something out, because i believe it's possible.

Oh yeah, i watched some of these video clips of facts on anxiety, it did help me out and settled my mind quite a lot:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesLinden
I find your comment about the MRI interesting.  Recently I started having little head jolts when I turned my head a certain way.  I have had tinnitus (ringing of the ears) since I was a kid also.  I find when this is happening, sharp noises also cause the jolt and the ringing to increase for a short time after the sound.  I was diagnosed with bulging discs as well C-1 thru C-5.  This effect only happens on certain days, not constantly thank God.  Interesting about the bulging discs though and your description of the symptoms.
Are you taking any meds?  I was diagnosed with GAD 12 years ago.  I used to suffer mild anxiety and later, panic attacks.  I've been on benzos for all this time... as well as quite a few other drugs.  Now I'm experiencing all kinds of new and disturbing symptoms... headaches, agoraphobia, derealization, body distortion.  I've come to the conclusion that the use (and misuse) of drugs has exacerbated my symptoms.  I wonder how many here are experiencing drug side effects and falsely attribute them to worsening anxiety.  Just a thought.

Good luck!

mark