Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety attacks

I have been experiencing extreme anxiety when I know that I will be in a classroom environment or meeting.  I am unable to sleep and will experience panic attacks well before the actual event and even more so during it.  At its worst, I break out into hives and have trouble breathing.  I have not seeked any help because the thought of being in a waiting room gives me anxiety.  How should I get help with my anxiety and who should I talk to about it?  
Sorry your experiencing anxiety. I've had it for many years. Go speak to a psychiatrist they can give you something and they also speak to you about ways to cope. If you need further or more counseling a psychologist can add more talk therapy. I went to both for 5 years and it has really helped! Good luck