Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety/depression help

Hi everyone. I have had high levels of anxiety for a long time. I have also been a chronic worrier for as long as I can remember. My mind seems to never rest making it hard to sleep and hard to get through every day. I have bouts every few months of depression and here lately it has hit me hard. I feel like i'm to the breaking point. I just feel a sense of helplessness and a very deep sadness. I feel like I am leading a meaningless life and just going through the motions every day with nothing to live for. I have been to the doctor many times over the years and tried all different kinds of medicine. I have tried lexapro, paxil, and prozac, with none seeming to help at all. I have also tried xanax, valium, and klonopin, and either the dose i take don't relax me or if i take a little bit more it justs puts me to sleep. I don't know what to do anymore. Im not a drinker because it upsets my stomach if i drink even a little. I just want to relax and give my mind a rest. Its gotten to where I have headaches almost every day and i don't eat very much. What should I do? Go back to the doctor and try something else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am sorry that you are dealing with this right now.  For me, anxiety and depression can go and in hand.  I became depressed because of my constant anxiety and felt I had lost my self identity.  

You mentioned you have tried many meds and seen the doctor quite a few times.  Have you been able to try talk therapy?  For me, it was the best approach learning and confronting the anxiety.  While anxiety affects us all in different ways there are set approaches and certain patterns of thinking that we all have in my opinon...learning and understanding these patterns can help break the cycle.

Keep us posted!
Thanks for your suggestion. I have not tried talk therapy. Im not real sure what that is, but i would be willing to try anything. Im like you, I feel like i have lost my self identity. I hate going to work every morning because of all the **** that i have to deal with there (Low man on totem pole), and then i hate coming home because my wife has high levels of anxiety also and i get all her frustrations taken out on me. My will to live has about ceased to exist. But if you get a chance, i would like to know what talk therapy is. Thanks so much for your time.