Anxiety Community

Anxiety disorder or seizure?

I have been dealing with an anxiety disorder for about 6 years now. I'm freaking out. It's my first time away from home and I can't describe my feelings in anyway. It first happened when I was on a bus ride home from work and I zoned out completely and my hands went numb and I felt I was having a heart attack. I them started to shake and new it was my anxiety. But now it's been almost a week and I zone out so much on one thing that when I stop zoning out on one thing I'll look around and things are scary and unfamiliar and I have an out of body experience. When I talk to my friends or family I will be fine and then I look around me and I feel totally withdrawn from the world. I have bad headaches and have no appetite. Sometimes I will be talking and it feels like I'm not talking I feel like I went unconscious but I'm not because I'm not at the emergency room or no one is freaking out. Basically it's not visible. I feel like I'm having a seizure or mini ones. I don't have epilepsy and I've never had a seizure before this but think I'm going crazy. The only time I'm not feeling this way is when I'm asleep. Nothing around me seems real. I feel like I'm in a dream. Nothing relaxes me or calms me down. I'll also have trouble with a dropping feeling in my head and dizziness. My concentration and memory is awful and I'm exhausted from fighting this for so long. I feel my body is working and my mind is too but they aren't connected. I'm functioning normally but it seems like I'm not knowing what I'm doing but I'm doing it. I know this is all random symptoms but it's making me depressed and mentally ill. I feel I want to run away or go to the emergency room. I can't focus on anything but this. I'll text someone and text something and not remember or wasn't even thinking what I texted them. I'm worried I'm having mini seizures but my doctor, parents and therapists say I'm not. Im scared out of my mind please help! I've never been in medication and I'm chronically depressed. Please please help me. It's also that time of month but it never caused me problems like this with anxiety before.
This isn't a seizure.  Seeing your regular doc instead of running to the ER is a better idea, as he or she can do a thorough series of labs to see if you're having any problems with parts of the body, such as the thyroid, that can cause anxiety and odd symptoms.  If that leads to nothing, you're stuck with anxiety and maybe something unusually stressful pushing your symptoms higher.  Do you have a therapist?  And if it continues to get worse and worse, a psychiatrist?
Thank you for your comment. I do have both a doctor and therapist back at home. Last night was so scary. I was closing my eyes to fall asleep and woke up not knowing who or where I was. Then I was shaking I was giving myself so much anxiety and panic. Than I started to forget who I was and all my friends and family with a blank mind. I felt so sick to my stomach. I haven't been able to eat much or do anything I enjoy. I'm just afraid I'll forget everything that's going on around me and go crazy or nuts.
Your said that doctors and therapists said you are not having seizures, so you will have to accept that diagnosis if you are going to be able to deal with all the anxiety you are feeling now. You need to go back to them and discuss why you feel differently, and see if they can help you accept that diagnosis.
I am surprised that you have been dealing with anxiety disorder for 6 years but never went on meds - or did you just see the therapist and doctor once? If not, how long did you see them?
I've seen a therapist for about two years now and just wanted to do everything possible not to go on meds. But now I have such a horrible detached feeling that is making my panic attacks go even more wacky. I can't handle it and it makes me feel I'm going to die or go insane. I try to tell myself it's just anxiety but it's not helping at all and have had this for almost two weeks.
You haven't said what the therapist said was the problem, just that it isn't seizures. What does she say is the problem?
And does your therapist specialize in anxiety treatment, such as CBT and relaxation techniques, or just sit and chat?
My therapist tells me it's anxiety. I just don't know how to deal with a blank mind and panic attacks and depwrsonalization all at once.
It seems like a lot to deal with. When was the last time you saw the therapist?
My therapist had given me ways to cope with my anxiety it just doesn't seem to be helping me so I will be going back into her to see if she can't recommend someone to put me on medication. Hopefully sometime in the next day or two.
Typo sorry I meant to put that she *can recommend