Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety symptoms

Ok so this has been happening for 4 weeks wich got worse with Wellbutrin xl I started getting this sensation that I was choking and pressure below my throat this week it has gotten better I'm currently taking 0.5 klonopin it's been about 1 week and a half I don't want to take it for along time and I'm taking 50mg zoloft before bed at 8pm this week however I have this pressure on the side of my neck that spreads the the breast like a muscle when I burp I get painless spasms also when I run I feel like something pulling a neck much left of my throat  feels really weird when I think about it more it gets worse but this spasm thing could it be anxiety or a neck muscle pulled I also get stiff neck that comes and goes something I feel it when I burp likes muscles move what can it be its gotten better than before but how long could this symptom last plz help thanks
Anxiety can come with alot of strange symptoms. You're only having this on one side though. Yes, it could be because of GERD.Are you taking anything to help with that? I'm also wondering about pinched nerves in your neck and back. It might be worth it to see a chiropractor. I was having this pain in my cheek for a long time. I saw my GP, my dentist, an ENT specialist and none of them could find the cause. I saw my chiropractor and sure enough, I had pinched nerves in my neck that were causing the strange pain in my cheek. After one adjustment it was gone.
It's not uncommon for we anxiety sufferers to have pain in our muscles. Especially the back and neck areas. Have you talked to your Dr about this yet?
Can I ask if you also have depression? The reason I'm asking is because Wellbutrin is usually prescribed for depression. It can be one of the more stimulating meds and can make anxiety worse in some people.
No I don't have depression just generalized anxiety disorder but since I stopped Wellbutrin I started getting these spasms on my throat and neck but Wellbutrin made my anxiety worse
I really don't understand why your Dr even put you on Wellbutrin because like I said, it can be stimulating and is used more for depression.
How long have you been completely off of it? It can take a while to get out of your system. So you may either be going through a little bit of withdrawal or it's still in your system.
Hence I'm only 17 and I been off Wellbutrin xl for about 2weeks I was taking 150mg a day which cause me to have panic attacks 2 times a day for about 2 weeks on it I hade to go to the er while I was on it to find out nothing wrong with me I do believe its withdrawal because I was reading that the tingling sensation is a withdrawal symptom iof Wellbutrin but how long can it take to go away all this tingling in my throat neck  ima also a hypochondria so any little thing I get worried also plz any advice
I'm still having a hard time believing your Dr put you on this med when you do not have depression, but anxiety. What was your Dr thinking?!! It really can make anxiety worse.
Were you on Wellbutrin for a total of two weeks, or was it longer? I'm asking because the longer you're on a med the longer it can take to get over withdrawals if you don't taper. If was 4 weeks the withdrawal, if that's what you're going through, should go away soon.
Yeah it was about 2 and a half weeks but tommaorow is gonna be 2weeks off of it it's progressing but I stil get hit jittering  sensations on the side of my neck and when I'm walking I feel something sitting on my neck and throat  I'm seeing a psych doctor on the 21 of this month see if these are anxiety symptoms
You were'nt on Wellbutrin for long at all so I don't think you're having withdrawal. If you are, it would be very mild.
Have you tried putting heat on your neck to see if that helps. You're right, it could be either a pulled muscle or tight muscles from stress.
I don't know but it started when I was getting a lot of panick attacks while on Wellbutrin theirs no pain in my neck or throat but I can feel weird tingling in my throat and neck sternum area also I have gerd also which other pe
Yea I've been taking Prilosec and famotidine  for about 3 weeks so I'm finding it hard to believe it is gerd I'm getting a endoscopy next week done ill see if anything comes up but yeah I'm agreeing with you I might have a pinched nerve cause I remember I was having this pain and stiffness on my neck before I started getting all this symptoms but can it cause throat discomfort also and thanks remar for helping me through this yeah ill look in to see a chiropracticion
Are you getting any relief at all from the stomach meds? You may need something stronger. Your Dr will let you know after the endoscopy.
Yes, pinched nerves in your neck can cause throat discomfort. I really did'nt know what to think when I was having the cheek pain. It was only on one side. I thought i may have a salivary stone or something. Like I said though, my GP,ENT or dentist could find nothing wrong. My chiropractor fixed it. So, it really is worth it to see one. When I see mine I usually make my appointments for the evening because I'm so relaxed and tired I want to sleep afterwards. It's great for anxiety.
Yeah I'll look into seeing one but can anxiety be the root of all this and the meds seem too work I have no heartburn just belching I'm in shape I guess I'll wait too see my endoscopy results if they come back fine then it's probably a anxiety symptoms or a pinched nerve but I notice when I think about it it gets worse I'm currently going to therapy also