Anxiety Community
23k Members

Anxiety

I have got really bad hiv anxiety

I have posted a lot on the other forums and recieced good advice its not that ive outstayed mu welcome its just i cant keep repeating myself ,
i jus cannot stop thinking about it because im genuinly unwell

Im slowly losing it

If you were assesed on our HIV Prevention Forum and told you had no risk, then you must accept that, move on, or seek therapy.

If you're saying that you never HAD an exposure, and therefore, no risk, and yet cannot stop thinking about it, then you need to seek therapy.

One of the best ways to help yourself overcome this fear is to become as educated about HIV/AIDS as possible. Just reading posts on the HIV Prevention Forum will give you one of the best educations you could hope to get anywhere. Just go there and read. If you have questions, write them down.........don't post endless "but what if" quesitons on that forum. They are too busy. Bring them here to my attention and I'll get your answers for you.
The biggest fear we have is fear of the unknown. Take away the unknown bit and the fear is gone.

There are three (3) ways to contract HIV and they are:

1) UNPROTECTED INSERTIVE ANAL/VAGINAL SEX WITH AN HIV+ PARTNER

2) SHARING DRUG WORKS (NEEDLES) WITH AN HIV+ PERSON

3) HIV+ MOTHER TO HER UNBORN CHILD

If you do NOT see yourself on that list, if you ALWAYS use a condom, if you don't do IV drugs and share needles and if you're not a pregnant woman with HIV, then you are NOT at risk for HIV.

Go read the HIV Prevention Forum. Read until your eyeballs nearly fall out and then read some more. And get up tomorrow and read it all again and keep reading it until you get it, until you truly understand just how difficult it is to contract HIV and how easy it is to prevent it by folowing a few logical rules.

If you can't do this on your own, then you must get a therapist to help you understand what's holding you back.
Peace
Greenlydia

I am on that list thats why im so worried !

if you have read  my other posts ive had severe symptoms..
But 9 week negative test .,

If you've been to the HIV Prevention Forum and told them what your exposure was, I know, without a single doubt, you were told you had NO RISK.

I don't even have to waste my time going there and checking what they told you. I know those people and if they told you you had no risk, then you flat out did NOT HAVE A RISK.

That you are now on THIS forum tells me that your problem goes deeper than a fear you may have been exposed. Your fear is HIV in general, not HIV specific.

I suggest you go to the HIV Anxiety Group. If they can't give you the help you need, your next stop needs to be at a therapists office.

I do wish you the best, but how you, or any of us live our lives, is entirely up to us. We'll help you as much as we can, but ultimately you must take the responsibility for your life AND your mental health.
Peace
Greenlydia  
Only at 12 weeks will you get a 100% conclusive test result.