Anxiety Community
23k Members

Any suggestions for an alternative to Propranolol / Inderal ?

Anyone got any suggestions for what I try next for performance anxiety (public speaking)? Propranolol is doing funny things to my head (fuzzy, blurry thinking, verging on mini-intermittent headaches) a week or so after taking it. Strange thing is, I was using it fine for about 5-6 years, then suddenly I've developed these side effects...

I could live with them, but for the fact they stay around for several weeks after just one dose and it drives me crazy...

Anyway, I was thinking of pindolol / atenolol etc ?? Any views on the usefulness of these (or other) alternatives and their suitability for performance anxiety?

Many thanks people!
I was prescribed Atenolol for a different reason (as a side effect pill for an antipsychotic) but I did find it more tolerable than Inderal as did some other people I knew but each person responds differently to each medication but it would make sense to discuss that option with your doctor.