Anxiety Community

Are there any SSRI's that don't cause Insomnia?

My doctor had me on 50 mg's Zoloft for two weeks, but I had to give it up due to the insomnia side effect (I had to take Zopiclone to fall asleep).  Now he's got me on 50mg's Trazodone, which helps me fall asleep, but does nothing for my nighttime insomnia.  I'm currently waking up early and would really like to get a good night's sleep.  Any advice would be appreciated.
You are talking about "terminal insomnia" (waking up and not being able to go back to sleep) rather than "initial insomnia" (not being able to fall asleep the first time), correct?  Either way, you should probably see a doctor about doing a sleep study if it doesn't get better.  Trazodone is the most sedating SSRI you can find (it isn't great with depression, it's used mostly as a sleep-aid).  So, I don't think the Trazodone is causing it.  See a doctor to rule out causes that aren't mental health related.