Anxiety Community
23k Members

Beta Blockers, Dexies & Hair Loss

I suffer from severe performance anxiety. Most recently I had a test for a university subject and I felt like before and during the exam I was going to have a heart attack. I was completely prepared, I knew the material, but when it came to the exam I was just so uncontrollably anxious I literally could not write. I am concerned my tutor will not be able to read my writing and I will receive a 0 it was that bad. I have never been able to do well in interviews, public speaking, etc... extremely distressing and lowering my quality of life.

I have come across propranolol in my research and it really seems like the vast majority from people with similar symptoms that this drug is an absolute game changer. Note I am not interested in anxiety medication that I could potential come addicted to hence my interest in this drug compared to SSRIs. I understand the importance of holistic approaches to this issue such as yoga and meditation which I have been practicing but at this stage in consideration of how long I have had this EXTREMELY DEBILITATING condition I feel must try and take this approach until I can alleviate the symptoms using natural methods into the long term.

So... I am really hoping this will be a miracle drug for me like so many others but I know everyone reacts differently.. My only major concern is hair loss. I have MPB which onset in last 2-3 years and after the amount of receding I have started taking a combination of propecia (1-2gm per night) and minoxidil. I have no side effects and I think it is working (only used 2 months) however I am concerned if I start taking propranolol (Inderal) it could counteract this progress of even worse accelerate my hair loss.

So my first question is - could propranolol still lead to hair loss even though I am taking propecia and minoxidil to stop MPB?

Second and similarly - does dextroamphetamines have any effect on hair loss. I felt like when I first started taking these this coincided with onset of MPB. Would taking propecia stop this side effect if it was said to be true?
DEXY THE ANFETAMIN    for anxiety  wwwwwwwwwhhhat    You wont get them in ENGLAND   abuse is almost going to happen , its an upper not for anxiety