Anxiety Community
23k Members

Chronic subjective dizziness

Has anybody ever heard of chronic subjective dizziness. That's when your anxious all the time and experience chronic dizziness. A dizziness like your on a boat, it's a swaying feeling. If you have this or you have had this how did you get rid of it?
Sounds to me like you have something wrong with your inner ear, which is where your balance and sense of up and down are controlled.  I suggest an ear specialist for this.  Blessings - Blu
I have had personal experience with Menieres disease.

Meniere's disease is a disorder of the inner ear. It can cause severe dizziness, a roaring sound in your ears called tinnitus, hearing loss that comes and goes and the feeling of ear pressure or pain. It usually affects just one ear. It is a common cause of hearing loss.

Attacks of dizziness may come on suddenly or after a short period of tinnitus or muffled hearing. Some people have single attacks of dizziness once in a while. Others may have many attacks close together over several days. Some people with Meniere's disease have "drop attacks" during which the dizziness is so bad they lose their balance and fall.

Blucrystal is correct that you should be seen by your medical doctor...

Good luck to you

M
I don't have episodes of dizzziness it's constant when walking. I don't have ear pressure, tinnitus, or muffled hearing. I have a constant dizziness(swaying) when walking with chronic anxiety. I have seen more doctors than you can imagine and a lot of money. No doctor and nobody has a solution or has had this experience whether being a patient or personal experience. If it were episodes of dizziness could be a little bit more bearable. This has gone on for 16 months now and has affected my life tremendously, a life I wouldn't wish on anybody, it's cruel and torchure everyday, every hour, every minute, every second. And a very unsupportive husband.
These are the exact same symptoms my husband currently has. It has been going on for 3 months now. I hope you have gotten relief and can tell me what worked for you.
Gail; I have gotten some relief but I have chronic anxiety from it, this has been going on for two years now. I have never lived such a horrible life.
I have had this for 3 yrs, I know your pain. I found out I was vitamin D deficient and a forum on this site has a link for people like this. Some people had light headed issues so I would say go get a blood test and check your vitamin D and B12. Most people are deficient on D but if it gets really low it can mess you up. By the way I am still light headed but only taking supplements for 2 months and I hear it can take up to a yr to fell better if that is the cause.
I have been dizzy on and off for the past 6 months. It was everyday for a few months in a row and now it comes and goes. I was treated for inner ear crystals and it didn't help so its likely that was not the cause. I got a new prescription for glasses and it helped my sight but not the dizziness. I really notice it when I close my eyes as I feel as if I am bobbing my head. If throws off my equilibrium when I walk. I am 26/f with no other health problems aside from chronic headaches and my doctor/neurologist cannot figure it out. I am going back to the neuro next week.
Are you on any prescription medications that could be causing this? Only reason i ask is because i had this feeling while being tolerant to Ativan (a benzodiazapine). It was awful but went away once I withdrew.
I read another forum where people talked about these issues and had their wisdom teeth pulled and some felt better. I don't know if I can post the link here but I will try.

http://www.****************/nausea__dizziness_wisdom_teeth__t174968.html?page=6
If you go to ************ ******* you can find the info.
Ok, I guess just do a search.
I've had CSD for 3 years. I'll be honest, they don't have an effective cure to treat this at the moment. Your nervous system is basically wired for hyper-vigilance, so the brain never returns back to baseline because the alarm switch can't shut off and re-learn normal baseline function. Your brain has been changed by the initial shock to your vestibular system. Virtually zero research has been done in the field of CSD. Most doctors are unaware it exists. The term chronic subjective dizziness was created in 2007, it's a very newly discovered disorder. They'll usually "attempt" to treat CSD with SSRI drugs and psychotherapy. CSD is not a psychiatric condition. This is a problem with the way a hyper-alert and traumatized brain interprets signals. Probably the worst thing you will ever experience in your life.