Anxiety Community
23k Members

Cymbalta

Can anyone tell me what kind of side affects they have experienced with cymbalta?
I'm still new to cymbalta but not new to anti-depressants.

I've learned over the years that side effects are different for everyone and not to judge a medication based on that. Possible side effects doesn't mean one will get all of them (which is what I tended to focus on).

While being on Cymbalta, the one side effect I've noticed is insomnia. For the first little while I had nausea but that's gone away. Other than that, my appetite has increased and I'm eating a bit more.
My daughter has been on it for two weeks and also had insomnia so she switched to taking it in the morning, instead of at night.   Also she feels less hungry.
Well with all of them you will gain weight and its the hardest weight to lose believe me.  Im off all antidepressants now.  And I couldnt be happier.
Congrats on being off all anti-depressants!

I've explored that option several times and unfortunately cannot live that life. Guess I'll have to find my happiness while on the meds!

Stacey: I too switched my Cymbalta to the morning but I do have some insomnia still :(