A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members
9314345 tn?1409639647

Dealing with Derealization

Hello everyone,

I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, chronic depression (inactive), and other mental and personality disorders.
Almost a year ago I had been in an abusive relationship in many aspects. I was incredibly stressed out, incredibly worried and incredibly sick, emotionally and physically. Due to this, it has seemed my brain and mind were so worked up that I am feeling the effects of it. I have been suffering from derealization for a long time now, but not as bad as it is currently. I was in the pool with my significant other and we were just relaxing, until suddenly this giant wave feeling of unreality washed upon me. It was so strange. I had to pinch myself a few times to remind myself I am not actually dreaming. It is very strange and uncomfortable. I currently cannot see a therapist to cope with my anxiety (I have tried for years and years and therapists make me extremely uncomfortable and bring upon me more stress) and I refuse to take any medication.. Although there is no cure for derealization, are there any tips to cope with it?

By the way, I have never smoked weed which is what mostly gives people derealization, even after being off of it for months. I haven't been taking any sort of medication either.
1 Responses
You really should give therapy a try. You may have to see a couple of therapists to find one you really feel comfortable with. The de realization feeling is not that uncommon when you have anxiety. I know exactly what you're talking about.  
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?