Anxiety Community
23k Members

Does anxiety ever go away?

I have been dealing with anxiety for about 5 months now after a misdiagnoses from an OB/GYN. I had people tell me some horrible things would able to me if i did not take the meds that were perscribed but i felt as if i didn't have what they told me and when i went back sure enough i need need the meds that they gave me. Well since then i have developed health anxiety. Will this ever go away? I used to be this go out and do kinda girl nevre really worried about anything except school and what not. I want to gain control of my life back and the people around me just keep telling me that i am fine and that there is nothing wrong with me but it is not helping. Not to mention fiance won't even try to understand what is going on here. Can i do it without the use of medication? Can anyone suggest anything that they have done that has helped. Thank you so much for your time.
Cognitive behavioral therapy and/or meds. If you figure it out let us know. Were all trying to figure this anxiety **** out. Sorry your having to deal with this.
HI. I am a 31 year old women and a mother of 2 kids. I was starting to develop anxiety around july after my son was in the hospital. I thought maybe I should take anti deressents. I took 1 celexa pill and i nearly lost my mind. I was so scared of how i felt that i was about to go to the hospital. For a week after that day I was so messed up. I felt out of pace on edge and i was havong panic attacks. I know am 50 percent better and i did it all on myu own. I am always worried something is going to happen to me. I have good days and bad days. My moments are getting shorter they used to last all day but now i can go days with out anxiety attacks. All I did was learn about anxiety and panic. I am starting a group therapy on february and i will do everything in my pawer to get better on my own. I want my life back and i will never let this beat me. I am a mother and i will take care of my kids. I have moments where I feel i am going to loose my mimd but I call a friend and dyak till i feel better. Then i continue on with life. You have to live do not let the fear win. You are stronger that the anxiety.  i will win
Anxiety is awful. I have dealt with it since I was eight years old and been in and out of therapy since then. In middle school, I was diagnosed with depression and put on prozac, that medicine has since been switched to zoloft and i have been on it for years. Most of the time, I function just fine, but I recently lost my job and my anxious behaviors have kicked in.No one ever "flat out" told me what was wrong with me, but I think that my symptoms best match GAD because I react poorly to stressors. It is an ongoing battle for me but I try to manage it the best I can. I guess all I can tell you is that you aren't alone and however bad it is, it will pass