Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

Does anxiety ever go away?

I have been dealing with anxiety for about 5 months now after a misdiagnoses from an OB/GYN. I had people tell me some horrible things would able to me if i did not take the meds that were perscribed but i felt as if i didn't have what they told me and when i went back sure enough i need need the meds that they gave me. Well since then i have developed health anxiety. Will this ever go away? I used to be this go out and do kinda girl nevre really worried about anything except school and what not. I want to gain control of my life back and the people around me just keep telling me that i am fine and that there is nothing wrong with me but it is not helping. Not to mention fiance won't even try to understand what is going on here. Can i do it without the use of medication? Can anyone suggest anything that they have done that has helped. Thank you so much for your time.
3 Responses
Cognitive behavioral therapy and/or meds. If you figure it out let us know. Were all trying to figure this anxiety **** out. Sorry your having to deal with this.
HI. I am a 31 year old women and a mother of 2 kids. I was starting to develop anxiety around july after my son was in the hospital. I thought maybe I should take anti deressents. I took 1 celexa pill and i nearly lost my mind. I was so scared of how i felt that i was about to go to the hospital. For a week after that day I was so messed up. I felt out of pace on edge and i was havong panic attacks. I know am 50 percent better and i did it all on myu own. I am always worried something is going to happen to me. I have good days and bad days. My moments are getting shorter they used to last all day but now i can go days with out anxiety attacks. All I did was learn about anxiety and panic. I am starting a group therapy on february and i will do everything in my pawer to get better on my own. I want my life back and i will never let this beat me. I am a mother and i will take care of my kids. I have moments where I feel i am going to loose my mimd but I call a friend and dyak till i feel better. Then i continue on with life. You have to live do not let the fear win. You are stronger that the anxiety.  i will win
Anxiety is awful. I have dealt with it since I was eight years old and been in and out of therapy since then. In middle school, I was diagnosed with depression and put on prozac, that medicine has since been switched to zoloft and i have been on it for years. Most of the time, I function just fine, but I recently lost my job and my anxious behaviors have kicked in.No one ever "flat out" told me what was wrong with me, but I think that my symptoms best match GAD because I react poorly to stressors. It is an ongoing battle for me but I try to manage it the best I can. I guess all I can tell you is that you aren't alone and however bad it is, it will pass
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?