A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members
656243 tn?1231291652

Effexor VS Cymbalta

Hey all,

Went to the Dr. today and she suggested I try Cymbalta.  I am currently on 30 mg of Buspar and I also have Ativan when needed.  She thought that adding Cymbalta would help with my GAD.  I have taken Effexor in the past and hated it.  Has anyone taken Cymbalta and were there side effects?  Posative effects?  I am looking at a months worth of free samples and am a bit weary of taking them.  She did say the side effects were quite minimal.  

thanks guys
C.
1 Responses
723959 tn?1314747825
i used to take effexor too, i hated it also. i have been on cymbolta 2 yrs now, and latley i have been hateing it. when i take it, i stay tired and zombie like, also really ill at everyone. in the begining it was great. but everyone is different. now i used to take lexapro too. it was great i stopped taking it because i felt great, i thought i was over depression and anxiety. and after a while i fell apart again and started cymbolta. i am thinking about going to the doc to go back on lexapro. just my opinion.. good luck--kalie
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?