Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23.2k Members

Effexor XR

When I first got anxiety my psychiatrist put me on effexor xr 150mg. It worked for me and I was anxiety free. I requested my psychiatrist to taper off effexor xr as I am feeling normal. He advised me that keep taking it now is not the time to taper and stop it. I insisted a lot and he gave me a plan to taper off. One month I was normal after that anxiety was back. Psychiatrist again put me on effexor xr but this time it did not work. Since that I changed many medicines which gave temporary relief. Zoloft & Seroxat. Last I was normal on Cipralex & Zyprexa. I got a viral infection doc gave me 500mg leflox antibiotic 2 times a day. After taking that I got anxiety and depression. Psychiatrist added Wellbutrin to Cipralex & Zyprexa but nothing worked. Now my psychiatrist has changed the prescription back to effexor xr. He says that now effexor xr will work.
1 Responses
Have you ever seen a therapist?  The reason I ask is, Effexor usually doesn't work for primary anxiety, and Wellbutrin doesn't either, as both are very stimulating.  They often exacerbate anxiety.  Doesn't mean they don't work for you, we're all different, but I was just wondering if you also suffer with depression, as anxiety often is caused by depression.  
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?