Anxiety Community

Effexor XR

When I first got anxiety my psychiatrist put me on effexor xr 150mg. It worked for me and I was anxiety free. I requested my psychiatrist to taper off effexor xr as I am feeling normal. He advised me that keep taking it now is not the time to taper and stop it. I insisted a lot and he gave me a plan to taper off. One month I was normal after that anxiety was back. Psychiatrist again put me on effexor xr but this time it did not work. Since that I changed many medicines which gave temporary relief. Zoloft & Seroxat. Last I was normal on Cipralex & Zyprexa. I got a viral infection doc gave me 500mg leflox antibiotic 2 times a day. After taking that I got anxiety and depression. Psychiatrist added Wellbutrin to Cipralex & Zyprexa but nothing worked. Now my psychiatrist has changed the prescription back to effexor xr. He says that now effexor xr will work.
Have you ever seen a therapist?  The reason I ask is, Effexor usually doesn't work for primary anxiety, and Wellbutrin doesn't either, as both are very stimulating.  They often exacerbate anxiety.  Doesn't mean they don't work for you, we're all different, but I was just wondering if you also suffer with depression, as anxiety often is caused by depression.