Health Anxiety

I always worry everyday that something should be or something is wrong with me!  I know everything is fine though...how do i get these thoughts to stop
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is very hard to just STOP.  You know that you want to and you know that what you are thinking is wrong but it is very hard to just stop.  My suggestion is to keep a journal and make a lot of friends. Keeping yourself active and in touch with society is a good way to distract yourself from these thoughts.  Or maybe just reading a medical book will help prove that nothing is wrong with you. Just look over the facts and you will see that you do NOT fit the descriptions of those diseases and ailments.

I still worry about my health. Lately, I am feeling dizzy and light headed and it makes me panic a little. Then I realize that it is all related to my anxiety. It really is all about balancing common sense and rationality. You'll be fine. Dont worry. Go out and have some fun.
Helpful - 0
i feel the same way too at times and i have to go out as well and surround myself with my loved ones. it is very hard to stop thinking about it when you are by yourself as loneliness and silence can make you go crazy. i also went to get a physical and i am reading a self help book that helps me alot with my anxiety and depression. it really helps when you make positive strides in getting better. it is a tough process but we will all get through it.
Helpful - 0
Thanks guys... I just have no desire to do anything at all lately and just eat!  I hate this so much :(  I get these muscle jumps and heart races...
Helpful - 0
Muscle twitches and heart racing is part of the package. Enjoy!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community