Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

Homeopathy for Anxiety and Depression?

Hi, has anyone tried homeopathy for dealing with anxiety and depression? I just started seeing a homeopath this week and he gave me a remedy that I have been taken for 4 days. He put something in it to give me the immediate benefit of better sleep (and it's working!), but since this is a holistic treatment I know my body has to heal itself, and so it'll take time to see my anxiety and depression improve.

But I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this sort of thing. Is it supposed to make me feel nauseas and out of sorts? I thought homeopathy has no side effects, which is why I'm trying it. I can't handle the side effects of anti-anxiety/anti-depression meds, but I'm getting similar syptoms (albeit MUCH less severe) with this natural alternative, like shakiness, nausea and a hollow feeling in the stomach, foggy brain, fatigue. And the worse part...I space out and stare at things. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing with homeopathic remedies?
1 Responses
Even though they are homeopathic they can still have side effects like nausea and such. I'm glad to hear your feeling better. Many people go the homeopathic way to treat their anxiety and depression.
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?