A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members
1779256 tn?1317550308

Hyperactive brain

I am a 23 year old female. I have always been a bit hyperactive at times but found that I more frequently become like that. It is like I have 10 conversations in my head and I have to focus on all of them but it is impossible. Then i get really worked up and frustrated because i cant concentrate and the only way to calm my brain now is if i try to block everything out. But this usually take about ten minutes before i can focus again. Does anyone have any advice for me? It happens at least once a day and usually when i am busy working on projects. I't like i Am trapped in my brain. Does anyone know the feeling? Are there any over the counter medication to help my focus my thoughts or do I have bigger problems?

Any advice is welcome. Thank you in advance!
1 Responses
370181 tn?1428180348
In my humble and non-medical opinion, I think you MAY have bigger problems, but problems that can either be cured or controlled. You say you've always been a bit hyperactive and I'm just wondering as you enter adulthood if you may have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. Please note that there are absolutely no letters after my name!
I think there might be a forum for that around here somewhere.........if there is, check it out.
If this "condition" is affecting your life or your job it's definitely time to see a doctor, which I think I would do anyway just because it's causing you some anxiety.
I seriously doubt there is any OTC med that would help and I strongly suggest not experimenting with anything until you have a firm diagnosis.
And if the thought of having AADD freaked you out, I know several adults with it and with medication they are absolutely fine.........happy and  healthy and very CALM.
Best of luck
Peace
Greenlydia
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?