Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members

I don't understand anxiety

I have been reading about anxiety on the net and I just don't understand so much!  I don't feel anxious and I'm not worrying.  I'm happy go lucky,  puttering around my house,  watching movies, completely relaxed and then BAM!  I get hit with such intense dizzyness and a fuzzy head.  I feel like I'm going to pass out.  It stays with me for hours and hours.  I have lost entire days to these feelings.  The past three weeks of my life have been a living hell.  I only worry AFTER the symptoms start.  I could understand it if I was worried before and then these symptoms started but it's the other way around.  

I have also found that I feel normal and rested when I wake up in the morning.  I never wake up feeling sick.  It usually hits me after several hours of being awake.  

How do I know that this is not something else?  I have had no MRI or CAT scans.  I am told that it will take me 18 months to see a neurologist.  If this is anything beside anxiety disorder,  I'll be dead in 18 months.  Should I ask for meds from my doctor?  At least if they work I'll know for sure that it is anxiety disorder.  Also,  should I use my employee's assistance program to see a psychiatrist?  I have no idea what to do next.  

Gurlalone
1 Responses
372760 tn?1201479497
I cant give you proper advice, but I can sure give you my opinion.
This is how my anxiety started out.  I was such a happy camper, until BAM, this creepy feeling hits me and I just feel like Im not really "there" and Im going to die, and I wont make it, and I am telling you, I went to EVERY DOCTOR I have done EVERY TEST. and all I got was "Anxiety" but then when I looked further and further into it, they told me, this was called a panic attack.  Which is such a feeling that hits your out of the blue.  Nothing really triggered it, everything just came out of the blue, and they started to come closer together, and I was always worried after the feeling happened, until i got sooo into it, I started to dwell before it happened.
If I were you, I would go see a psychiatrist, and a doctor.. whatever makes you feel better... make and app for an MRI or CAT scan, it might get your mind at ease.  
I have had these symptoms for many many years, and to me it sounds like panic attacks... I know its hard to take, but I hope I helped a little bit..
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?