Anxiety Community
23k Members

Is there hope for cure?????????????????

Just wanted to know if any of you or the poeple you know who took treatment for anxiety then they were fine later with no medication????????????
It can happen if dealt with early. Longer it is left the more embedded it becomes. Bit of medication, for a while, and some theraphy, and you might be fine. They then take you off the medication. Has happened. So don't give up.
Thank you so much....
Many poeple need to hear this :)

A lot of it would depend on the individual and their willingness to fight the condition and how severe the anxiety is. First thing most people do when hit by anxiety is run from it. Fight it in a negative sort of way. They can easily give into it. A bot of positive fighting back, with help, and the anxiety should become weaker. Though I think you might find a lot of people might disagree with me on this one. People who have suffered greatly at the hands of anxiety conditions. People who are still suffering badly. It is easy to fall down. Much harder to climb back up. But it can be done.
in my experience...anxiety has always been the root of something much larger that needs to be dealt with...whether it's high ammounts of stress or depression or OCD gone unchecked. i suffered from ocd/anxiety at an extreme level for about a year when i was around 13...finely got on meds and then eventually went off the meds and was fine for many years. recently it came back, and while i can't MAKE it go away, i do have an understanding of it and know that it's here because of certain stress factors in my life that need to be delt with. i'm on meds that have helped a lot and i'm confident that someday...whether it be in a month or a year...i'll be able to go off my meds again. i'm not going to rush it and i don't think about how quickly i can 'get off the meds.' i'll know when the time is right to get off of them.

anxiety/panic usually comes and goes and usually has a root cause. understanding that can help even the most extreme cases of anxiety find a road to recovery. i don't think there's anyone without hope...just possibly without direction. thats just what i believe, though.
I CAN ONLY SPEAK FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, I HAVE MY FIRST FULL BLOWN PANIC ATTACKS BACK IN EARLY NOVEMBER 2008, I SPOKE TO SOME FRIENDS  WHO HAD GONE THROUGH PANIC ATTACKS AND/OR OCD AND SOME OF THEM WERE FOR MEDICATION AND SOME JUST THERAPY. HOWEVER FOR ME MEDICATION ( PILLS ) WAS NOT AN OPTION  FROM THE BEGINNING. I DID NOT WANT TO PUT A MASK ON THE DISEASE, I WANTED TO TALK IT OUT  FIRST THEN MAYBE TRY SOMETHING ELSE IF THERAPY DID NOT WORK. WELL IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS SINCE MY FIRST SESSION AND IT WORKED SO WELL FOR ME, I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE ROOT OF MY PROBLEM. NOW I SEE MY THERAPIST ONE A MONTH  AND I FEEL GREAT.

I have done a therapy for anxiety but now I have stopped all because I know that take medications it's not a solution....and..it's a week I have stopped all...I have brain shocks and other symptoms...I don't want take medications anymore!!!! Never!!! I think it's better to fine good to see a therapist!!
Anxiety disorder is biochemically based. Some people can cope with it without medication. Many people can't. No one should think of themselves as less of a person for taking medication and with some medications such as benzos discontinuing them abruptly can be dangerous. When I stopped Klonopin too quickly years ago before my current recovery I had full body withdrawal symptoms. Its best if you want to see if you can do without anti-anxiety medication to work with your psychiatrist and have them give you a titration schedule for lowering it.
In the fight against anxiety our own brains are the frontline, a mixture of medication and therapy is a good approach.
I am worried, my daughter take paxil for depression and something for anxiety(some benzo that starts with a L), she has started sleeping alot, she's an adult and seems to be having trouble with daily normal functions, I saw her tonight and her eyes(the whites kinda looked kinda off beige and not bright) she didnt look right, she says it takes the meds a while to work, she says its normal  and not to worry,she has always been such a busy person.  What do you think?
As your duaghter said give the meds some time, if she is still very drowsey after a while, get her to go back to the doctor, they may be able to find an alternative med, not all meds work the same with everyone
Probably on Lexpro? Or whatever it is called. Only one I can think of. Would take time to work as it is meant to work. Best to give it a few weeks. No change then go back to the doctor. May give her something else.
Has anyone ever taken wellbutrin.. I started that last year and than got bad panic attacks and anxiety. I have stopped the wellbutrin however I still have bad anxiety to the point where I can not find comfort anywhere unless I knock myself out at night with pills which I hate doing and I still wake up at the same time each night with a racing heart. I have started exercising again but any advice would be appreciated so much on how to help get through this. Thank you