Anxiety Community

Lump in throat?

For the past week, I have been experiencing a "lump in the throat" feeling that will not go away.  At first, it was only when I swallowed, but now it is a constant thing.  It is not painful, and it feels like a tightening feeling with something I can't seem to swallow.

Two months ago, because my doctor was concerned with my high heart rate, I was diagnosed with postpartum thyroiditis, and my levels were then in the "hyper" range.  However, I have been to the endocrinologist and general practitioner since then, and both times my levels were back down to normal.  I did visit my doctor two days ago, and he told me the feeling could still be caused by thyroiditis, even if my levels are back to normal.  To me, it just seems weird that I would be feeling this feeling now, and not when the thyroid levels were out of control, especially since I never had any symptoms of the thyroiditis to begin with a few months ago.  

My question is, I also have anxiety problems.  I have been on xanax for about two months now.  I am curious if this could be an anxiety problem.  It is not painful, and it seems to get worse (I almost feel like I'm going to have a panic attack) when I think about it.  It will tighten more the more I think about the lump.  Thanks in advance.