Medical Anxiety

So I'm 26 yr old male a bit overweight and well I'm having health Anxiety mainly due to a couple of things number 1 would be STDS and another being cancer. I was Checked in 2012 for HIV ,  gonorrhea and  Chlamydia had a CBC and WBC. Everything checked out okay. Then after that about 2 months I had sex again this time though I was aware that I needed penetration so while he was grinding away I was blocking my hole with my hand didn't feel him go in though. I went on to the Medhelp Forum in 2013 long time after it because it was just on my mind and Teak said it was a no risk activity due to no Pentration I still think he might have gotten into me or something idk just don't want to be HIV positive. Secondly Cancer I've noticed since well 2010 that once in awhile I get Mucus right after I poop didn't really think much of it until a month ago and it happened again. Looked it up colon cancer symptom or Hemmorids idk what it is thinking about making a Doctors appointment and demanding a colonoscopy even though I'm young and it usually happens in older I found articles indicating a major increase in cases of young people.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have health anxiety also, try to not worry to much, since you can create symptoms and start to feel it.

I was afraid of cancer back in 2010 i have also hemmoroids and i had transparent mucus coming out , but i noticed that after i stopped worrying about it it passed.
So that gave me the conclusions that ipohondriac ppl can create their own symptoms. Also stay away from google stop reading from the net and symptoms. Better get a medical consult if you think something is wrong. If your GP tel you that your fine then you have to trust him.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your response. Yeah I noticed when I first though I had HIV i gave myself night sweats and woke up soaked and that freaked me out. Then with this Colon Cancer thing idk maybe it's IBS. I told my Doctor in 2013 about this Constant constipation and he did a Thyroid test which came back regular. Activia seems to help with regularity though.
Helpful - 0
Also have health anxiety that has been kicking my butt lately. The mind is wonderful and dangerous tool
Helpful - 0
Just let go:) simple but not easy. but try
Helpful - 0
hi everyone, i have the same situation as @ne1989 , but not yet diagnosed with anxiety, but almost a month now I had trouble thinking of having a disease, i really don't know what to do, i had a consultation with a doctor and he gave this med called Alprazolam, it was effective, but after the 7 days prescrption, im back again thinking and thinking of everything, and now it get worse because I am afraid now that I cannot fall asleep, please help :(
Helpful - 0
Medication is only a temporarly relif of the symptoms. You Alprazolam is actualy Xanax, you have to seek theraphy, also tou dont have to be afraid of those thoughs...they are not real. The mind is a powerful tool and it can trick you how it wants:)
Helpful - 0
Is xanax can be bought over the counter?
Helpful - 0
Thanks, :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community