Anxiety Community
23k Members

Mixing meds! RYAN help please??

I just started taking topomax yesterday for migraines. My major concern right now is all the other meds im taking. Is there a website where you can list all the drugs you're taking and it tell you if its ok? One that is accurate? Ive found some that didnt warn me about taking SSRI's with phentermine. My pharmacist noticed when prescribed lexapro that i shouldnt take it while on the diet pills.
Im a 27 yr old single mom of a very active 5 & 7 yr old. Im a social worker but doing marketing for hospice and sales is very stressful. Not to mention Im very ocd, very analytical by nature....
So my problem is I have had a recent weight gain of about 15-20 lbs in the past few months which appears to be mostly water. Its all in my midsection (like I have a flotation device around my waist) and in my upper arms. I was put on elavil years ago for my headaches and that combined with the depo provera birth control and zoloft who knows what has caused it although i have taken all of those drugs in the past with no problems.
I had blood work done and there were no problems. My blood pressure was a little high so doc put me on maxzide (diuretic) and ive been taken it one month today and have actually managed to gain 3 lbs! Doc says its all stress related......prescribing phentermine (i lost 20 lbs on it last year for three months) and lexapro for depression. After realizing it wasnt a good combination (something about the phentermine intensifying the effect of the SSRI) i asked him to change the anti depressant to buspar. He called me in buspar and cymbalta (which i had never heard of but have learned its supposedly the only antidepressant with no weight gain side effects?) soooooooooo......headaches still an issue........neuro puts me on topomax yesterday and tells me to wean off the buspar i dont need both that and cymbalta and shouldnt need the maxzide anymore either. The phentermine has helped with my appetite of course this time around but unfortunately DOES nothing for my energy levels as before i guess because im so doped up oh and I have to take ambien to sleep now vs the elavil due to the weight thing.
So to sum it all up
Im taking
Depo Provera or birth control
Phentermine (diet pills)
Cymbalta (for anxiety/depression)
Buspar (half a pill for a few more days)
Topomax
Ambien
Any thoughts???
i usually use the site drugs.com to check out medication interactions.. it also tells you interactions that your medication might have with certain foods. here's the link:

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

hopefully that will help you - but it's still best to talk to your doctor - or even the pharmacist at your drug store. i find that sometimes they are better at catching drug interactions than my doctors are.