My brains has these fast motion periods where everything around me is going in fast motion what is it?

I'm 14 years old and I have these periods where my brain starts to race and it feels like everything is going in fast motion. When I talk, somebody is talking, music is playing or when I walk it feels like everything is going in fast motion like everything is being extremely rushed.It happens at least once every 2 weeks but i've had it twice this week . This only happened to me about 2 times in the past year but also I get these patterns of noises in my head when I'm lying in bed and it keeps me from sleeping.I just wanted to know what it was because I honestly am scared and my mother laughs at me when i try to tell her that something is wrong and it frustrates me
I have the same thing but i have never been able to eloquently describe it. My story is the same as the other commenters. I first got it when I was around 4 years old and it would freak me out. I would purposely try to slow down my movements to get it to stop. And then suddenly it would just go away as suddenly as it came. I kept having the episodes maybe 2 times a year until I was 10 and then it went away. It happened again in high school and once more this past year, I'm 23. Its not anything so severe but I would like to at least give it a name and know what is happening to me when i experience it.
aw. this is what happening to me right now. im currently studying and everything goes fast. i feel like i am the flash. ****. what am i gonna do? this happens a lot when im studying and hitting some coffee
I started getting these fast motion episodes at work about 10 years ago.  Felt really confused because I had no clue what was going on.  Haven't had them in a while now but now my 9 year old son felt that way today.  Is it hereditary?  I don't know if I should try explaining to him that I had it before and he might have it and there is nothing to worry about and it will pass.  He is sick, he has a fever and soar throat and I told him it might be from that.  Not sure what to tell him.
I have an 8 year old daughter who over the past month has been having these "fast feelings" .  I feel so bad for her.  She crys.  She seems to get them when it is quiet, like going to bed, taking a shower, reading.  I try to tell her to sing out loud or go to a mirror and talk to herself.  It has worked.  I have never heard of this before.  I am glad to hear other kids, or adults have had these feellings too.  It's just what they have described, everything is moving fast when it's not.  She hates it and wants me to tell her doctor because she just wants it to go away.  I haven't said anything yet.  Just wondering has anyone found out what it is and what causes it?  or any advise to help it stop?

Li714
Hmm, I experience the opposite.  For me it's in slow motion, except it's in my head.
It's not to common but it's kind of annoying and a little scary in how I can't explain it.
I had the everything in fast forward thing going on when I was a kid also.  It started after a good friend of mine got hit by a car and I was going to visit him in hospital.  I probably had it 40 times in my early teens.  I did not have it again for 20 years but had one again a year or so ago.  I realize now it was a mini panic attack.  Interestingly when I had it recently I kind of rode it and did not fear it.  

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community