Anxiety Community
23k Members

Scared... Tooth infection...

I feel I should add some things. This all started 2 months ago with head pressure. I scared myself silly. I went to 4 doctors, the er, and to the dentist. At that time I had 4 teeth (3 wisdom and a molar) that had cavities. At that appt. The dentist said there was no infection. Was going through a lot of stress, still am, and am really scared about my health all of a sudden. Saw my doctor on Wednesday and he said it sounded like anxiety. Dentist on Thursday, said I had a tooth infection. Freaked out, bc I know that this can spread to your brain. I've had a stye and a sinus infection, so now I'm convinced that it's spreading to my brain. My doctor said it's unlikely, so did the dentist. I'm taking an antibiotic and will be getting the infected tooth out next week. Possibly all 4... It's a top molar that's infected. Could you give me some kind of symptoms on what would happen if it did spread??? Since the head pressure started, I've had horrible health anxiety. As in, I've been researching online every waking moment, not doing anything I should be doing. I'm taking something for the anxiety, but the doc says it takes a bit to work. Is there any test I should be getting to see if it's spreading??? Would the dentist have been able to tell??? He said there's a "minor infection", and didn't seem concerned at all. Any help would be very much appreciated...
34 years ago, my new dentist told me that I had the biggest fillings he had ever seen. That occurred because my previous dentist was old fashioned and didn't Xray so I had infections all over the place but after proper treatment still have all my teeth.
I doubt you have anything to worry about from that tooth, since it has been looked at it, so relax and enjoy your short life.
Thank you. I just feel like it's spread bc of all of the other stuff going on. I've never had anxiety problems before this, so it's really hard for me to say ok, it's anxiety. I don't know how long it's been there, but I'm so weirder out lately, that I think the first dentist lied about me having one... The second dentist also looked at the first x-rays and said their wasn't anything on them. I now have a headache on the same side, but I've web crying on and off... Do you know of any symptoms of it spreading??? Do you suffer from anxiety, by any chance??? Just want to feel normal again, and feel stuck. I keep thinking I should be at the er...
and this is exactly how i began i started with cavaties didnt take care of them my teeth started decaying didnt do much either financially it was impossible then i got an abscess tooth and it took about a year to get it pulled and with alot of google (never google) i began this fear like yourself of dying of the infection spreading to my heart and or brain i have had every test done available and im still not convinced i am healthy i have started the process of my teeth getting fixed and im still convinced im going to die its a scary feeling and i only wish i wouldnt have thought about it so much and realized i was ok best of luck your going to be fine it is a scary battle but again you will be fine
Thank you for your response... This morning I woke up shaking (mostly on the inside) and feeling a sting pulse in my head... So damn scared... My palms and feet are sweaty... I just don't know what to do... I feel like going to the er... And demanding an MRI. I've never suffered from anxiety until this started... Did you have physical symptoms as well??? First I thought it was a brain tumor before I saw the dentist the 2nd time...
Also, when blew my nose after crying there was one blood tinged mucous, which makes me believe that it's moved to my sinuses and is in my brain... I have had a knot behind my ear for 2+ years and now am thinking that it issedinately from my teethand I've waited too long. My pulse rate was so high this morning as well...
oh yes physical symptoms are crazy for me i would shake sweaty palms tunnel vision and when i was told my teeth were ok i immediately said then its a brain tumor and i would wake up everyday saying this is it im going to die have the phone incase you have enough time to dial 911 i was absolutely going crazy one day i broke down in tears and wantd to go to the hospital so they could find anything wrong with me I have learned It is this anxiety causing me to feel like this its all mental and i will win and i will be fine. I used to be a happy girl with a happy life and and anxiety came and i shut down but believe me when i say YOU WILL BE FINE YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND THAT INNER STRENGTH TO BELIEVE it is going to be tough im still fighting but every day i get a little better and realize im still here .Dont overthink things and realize your doctor knows best and if you feel somethings still wrong get a second opinion please feel free to ask me anything
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. I'm still freaking out, and have been in tears all day... On and off, but I'll just start crying while playing a game with my Lil one... I have to walk away bc he ant see me like this. I have a weird feeling in my head. It feels like shaking or throbbing in my head, usually when I wake up, but it's been happening a lot more today. I have seen 4 doctors, but everytime I think about what they say, I tell myself that I have a new symptom, and I wasn't able to tell them about it, so I should go back. Did you have an MRI? I'm convinced that this is the only way I'll get out of this. Also, how did your anxiety start??? Like I said, I've always been a worrier and have OCD, but never have I had such scary/ real symptoms and thoughts. Mine just came out of the blue, and I think that's why I'm so uncertain that it's "just anxiety"... If that makes sense. Hopefully you're still on, bc I think tonight there won't be much sleep for me. My headache is awful, and I feel like the side of my face/ ear is numb... So much just keeps appearing...
I did have an mri a cat scan ive had ekgs done stress test blood work urinalysis and so on so forth,.My anxiety i can still remember the 1st day i felt a symptom i to am a worrier and im a mom aswell i was bathing my son and suddenly i had tunnel vision everything was closing in on me at first i didnt think to much and went on with my night this was 2 and half years ago. Then i started paying more attention to my health i ended up in the er at least once a month because i was so confused with these new weird symptoms i was sure i was dying then i started noticing what bad condition my teeth were in and again started to google and read about bad teeth can cause poor health so on and so on, and the day i had my first anxiety attack was this year on july 31. i was at the bar with my friend for her birthday had a little to much to drink and lost it i seriously thought i was seconds away from death i went to the walkin clinics and er's alternately so i wouldnt get noticed so much i worried my teeth were going to kill me. I would go and get antibiotics my anxiety would subside and a month later i "knew" my infection was spreading to my brain. Had all my test ran and normal and finally a walk in doctor said to me your not sick your depressed and you have severe anxiety. I was devastated because i knew i had something more. So i saved up enough money to get my teeth going on the process of getting fixed. and i mean i have broken teeth decaying teeth cavities i had gingivitis severe plaque buildup (i really took care of my teeth but bad teeth run in my family )and even then my dentist said your teeth aren't as bad as you think and are far from doing any damage. I thought id get better after hearing that but nope im still anxious.A typical anxiety attack for me is shortness of breath lightheadedness, severe fatigue, shaky hands , sweaty palms , tunnel vision, derealization, left part of my body feels tired weird itchy its hard to explain sharp short zaps in random parts of my head. It scares me to death but i know im ok im just afraid to leavr my baby behind your not alone but i can guarantee me and you are alot alike im up if you want to keep messaging me :
Thank you so much. It just seems so strange that it can happen just like that. One day I'm fine, the next day I am diagnosing myself with the deadliest diseases and conditions. I wish it wasn't all symptoms to do with my head... I wish it was my toe or something!!! It just seems so serious. And 2+ months of sitting around researching is just taking a toll on my relationship with my fiancé, and I feel so awful for not spending more time with my son. Deep down it feels like something more than anxiety, ya know??? Like there is something... I feel like if I ignore it something awful will happen. Like I have to keep researching and going to the doctor or I will die... It sounds so awful, but true. I've always gotten stuck on things, like tracking stuff online, but never with my health. I freak out about my sons health, but I figured that's normal with being a mom. I just don't like feeling so anxious/ shaky/ feeling my pulse in my head everyday, especially when waking up... It's scary. that's where I start my day, and I start googling before I even get out of bed... Thank you so much for talking to me about this... I really do appreciate it... Everyone around me is pretty supportive, but just tell me to stop thinking about it... And that really hard.
well everything youre going through is all familiar because thats me all the way im a googler a hypercondriac i feel guilt because i do get aggravated more often with my son  and i dont want him to see my fear.My boyfriend and i are also in seperate ends right now he thinks i nuts i think im truly sick which is hard to explain how this is working out for me because i feel sick im convinced that im sick yet i am fully aware its all mental its hard but fight it fight it  fight it there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is a slooooooow process but trust me you will have better days i was you i am you but im slowly understanding that i am and will be ok check out this website it has helped me understand my anxiety a little more because of all the symptoms it names  http://www.*************.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml  it really eases you. dont feel bad that you feel this way.
Hey... Got my 3 wisdom teeth and one molar pulled on Monday... Awful... I'm really hoping no dry socket or infections follow. I went to my pcp today, and he still says anxiety. I've been crying so much lately, and after my teeth were pulled I started getting dizzy, not spinning, but feel like I might fall over. Having a lot of sinus pain, especially in my cheeks, and headaches in my temples. Can't shake this feeling that something serious is wrong... My doc did a neuro exam today and said if it were something more than anxiety, there would be stronger symptoms and he would be able to find something on this exam. He denied an MRI for me! He said he really doesn't think I need one. Just curious if you have had any dizziness with tooth extraction. Still scared, but trying to calm down.
Take it easy. Anxiety is playing games with your body, per the doc. If he is correct in his neuro diagnosis, you don't have any physical problems.