Anxiety Community

Someone PLEASE help me out! Is this a panic attack?! What should I do?!

Hi there. I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this before.

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I kind of had a rough day and got into a very heated argument, which sometimes I feel I take heavier than he does. We talked about all sorts of faults we found in each other, but realized we fought over silly things and should work on things.

During this time or maybe even slightly before it happening, probably in anticipation before it occurring I noticed my stomach tightening. Like when you get on stage and are nervous, except this is prolonged because I still feel it today. It doesn't make me feel nauseous like I want to throw up, but it makes me feel a little light headed even. I can LITERALLY feel my muscles, I feel the force exerted. I have always been nervous that it could be a maybe, but my stomach has done this before in another situation where I was very worried about something and I got tested and turns out I wasn't expecting a bundle of joy at all which probably worried me even more because that was what I had thought it was even though I've taken the proper precautions for that.

Anyway, last time this happened maybe it tool a couple days to go away since I was worrying about university or something.  I'm not sure how long it will take to make this go away either. I thought sleep would work or napping, but I wake up to find I'm still as I was before. I kind of tried taking in deep breathes and trying to relax, but I kind of give up because I want this feeling to go away ASAP.

I'm a 20 year old female.
Has anyone ever experienced this? If so what did you do? How do you solve it? Should I tell my parents I experience this? Seek a professional? What triggers you stomach tightening? Any help would be appreciated.
YES, telling your parents is a great idea - so you will gain their support and your search for a reason this is going on with you.  They can get you in to see a  counselor (I know, yuck - but you need this, I believe).  You indicate that this only happens to your stomach muscles, and that you have no other symptoms besides the worrying?  What would happen if you did a couple of sit-ups during this?  It might just relax your stomach after exerting yourself in this way- or it could cause cramping (not good).  Just tell your parents and let them help you.  Keep us posted!