A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23k Members
248167 tn?1220367290

Those not on meds

Can anybody tell me if they are NOT on any meds and dealing with this ****. I refuse to take anything for the anxiety bull but really close to starting. Was prescribed CELEXA any comments on this medication? Good or Bad.
12 Responses
396099 tn?1216258586
I tried for 6 months to stay off meds.  Took a lot of amino acids  (5htp, L-thianine, Sam-e) and "managed" it ok-ish but there were plenty of bad days in between.  I'm on Zoloft now and doing fairly well but it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.
yup been basicly off meds for a year now. but i do take xanax .125 mg when i have a really huge panic attack..but thats only like once every 2 or 3 months. other than that i manage the anxiety by riding it out and gettin plenty of vitamin bcomplex. my experience with celexa..took one pill and had the biggest panic attack ever..lasted 2 weeks..this wasnt generalized anxiety for two weeks it was a full blown panic attack..i would go with a benzo over an antidepressant even if u r depressed. The depression usually is caused by the anxiety..
248167 tn?1220367290
Geeez! Well that's that. I guess I won't be try Celexa! I actually just started taking Vitamin B Complex today. My doc recommended that I take it 3x a day. Do you feel a difference with it?
actually ive been drinking this juice called "b monster" from odwalla..its 100% juice made berrys and other stuff..u can google it..ive been drinking half cup in the morning and half cup at night..tastes good and it has helped alot..been drinking it since feb or march and the have only had a few panic attacks..it rally relxes the body so that those lil stomach butterflies dont creep and turn in to a big attack..
actually i made a post about the juice a while back but i guess it got burried..i think u can find it through my profile
its on my 3rd page of posts..srry for the multiple posts..
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?