A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23.2k Members
1243650 tn?1269094140

Total anxietyand fear.

ok maybe a nothing to some people, but everyting to me. I have the worst fear of Doctors and Dentist. I realllyyy want to get over this but cant. Anywho, for the first time ever I went to the Doc today about myself and my mental health. So after she said to start taking this pill Pristiq for how I was feeling and also for anxiety. I told her of my fears and she said it might even help me go to the dentist with no anxity at all. I have a real fear, have been going to the dentist from ages 4 - 19 every 4-6 months with all my check ups adn always felt the same.

Q: Has any one had this or any type of fear that Pristiq helped you face and deal with when needed??!!
4 Responses
I have a horrible fear of doctors. I burst into tears at the ENT a few weeks ago. Even if I'm just going for something routine, I freak out.
1243650 tn?1269094140
Same, I freak out.
So meds did not work for you??? or have you tried anything at any point to get you through it?
560272 tn?1311350293
I am the same, I panic at the thought. :( So I haven't been in years and now I NEED to go and am having a terrible time getting to one!
1316182 tn?1285158716
Me too! I will break down and start crying at the docs, because I'm so afraid of any procedure or what the outcome might be. I haven't been to the docs in over 2 years. Last time I went, I had that HPV and had to get those pre-cancerous cells removed. I freaked out and started crying when the doc told my that I would be awake during the procedure. I begged them to reschedule and put me under. So they did. But I haven't been back since my last follow-up after the surgery. I hate getting physicals done!!! I hate the feeling and am scared of my doc finding something else!
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?