Anxiety Community
23k Members

Weird sensations in head.

I'm new to the boards looking for support.Ive hade undiagnosed  anxiety sense I was in my teens.I'm 26 135lbs 5'8.Only other health problems is skipped beats(PAC) Holter monitor caught them.Was working in stadium hosted Rodeo's,roping,horse shows,etc (dusty and dirty).Was working in heat doing some carpentry work using woodfinisher(stain),polyurathan.Not shure if there cause of my problems or helped cause.Shortly after thats when my symptoms begin.I feel woozy sensations like my brains shakes for a sec. accompanyed by nausea,floating feeling while walking was worse at first.A slight head pressure like a books on top of my head at times.Lightheaded like my heads full of blood or not getting enough oxygen to brain.I get these tingly feeling in my head,shoulders, and arms.Not the same tingly u get when your arms asleep more like a rush of energy to my arms and shoulders makes me feel unsteady while standing.I have been to ER 3 times CT normal accept slightly clogged sinus.Blood work and all other workup normal.I also get these weird sensations in my nose maybe my sinuses feels like blood is rushing to my nose.No vertigo no syncope yet.Blood pressure is usually normal but at last ER doc says it was marginal.Been to volunteer clinic because I'm poor they are in a long (mounth and a half now)process of getting me a an apointment for nuero in OKC.3 mounths of these symptoms coming and going and my anxiety is at an all time high.I'm in fear of my symptoms.Only time they dont accure is when showering,driving, and playing my guitar.Looking for answers.
Hey there!  I am 28 yr old female with OCD and Panic Disorder.  I started having these sensation in my face about 4 months ago.  They are sort of tingling, burning.. like ice water dripping down your face.  What does yours feel like? Do you notice that your neck is tight too?
hey i've totally been there except i had burning in the back of my head that causes me to feel like i'm falling, dizzyness nausea the whole bunch, i've even blacked out and fainted. I've suffered with these problems as well as some serios heart problems like tachycardia, my heart went up to 230bpm. They (doctors) tell me the same thing. I'm only 22 female, so it feels good to hear there are others like me who have gone through all these tests and are coming back with negatives. I hope this makes you feel less alone.
I understand
Do you have any neck pain too? For the last 2 months I have had a feeling of pressure on the top of my head (the only way I could describe it was by saying that it felt like I have bricks on the top of my head which were pushing down and crunching all the bones in my neck together), plus this weird feeling of pain / pressure behind my nose. Almost like there was a muscle or something which sterted at the back of my nose and went down the back of my neck, so when I looked down (chin to chest) this muscle would pull and I would feel it at the back of my nose. I too get the feeling occasionally that my brain is almost shaking in my head for a second, and have noticed lately that when I close my eyes I feel like my body jerks and I have to oopen my eyes again. All of these feelings started at the same time I got sick with bronchitis, so not sure if it has something to do with this or maybe sinuses?
I understand the brick on the head feeling alot.I discribed it to my doc and my mother as a book on my head though.I don't get the neck pains but I can say that a feeling I get feels like an explosion in my brain no pain just nausea when it happens and I feel unfocused on what I'm doing not confused.I can say it almost feels like I'm falling close to an elevator or roller coaster drop.The pressure in the nose I get it slightly but it doesnt completly feel like pressure just another weird sensation..Sometimes its realy dry in my sinus's burns.Mybe thats just allergys.I'm refered to a nuero in OKC but the clinic I go to is a volunteer clinic because I'm low income and they take there sweet time.They said it could take a mounth for a response from the Nuerologists.I was also told they could deny me because they wanted past medical records like my Holtor Monitor results and there a year old.I have been waiting a mounth and a half so far for an appointment if they deny me I don't know what I'm gonna do because I have no health insurance.There is no way I could afford a nuero visit MRI's ETC.I'm also so tired of waiting for results I would like to get a nuero check up an a MRI so I can put some worry aside.
Yes - I get the burning in my sinuses too! I explained to my doc that it felt as though I had snorted balls of fire. I found that taking zertec or telfast (hay fever meds) helped with this, which made me start thinking that it was all some kind of allergy / sinus thing. Most of my symptoms have kind of gone, all I have left now is a bit of pain in the back of my neck, and a stuffy feeling behind my nose and left side of cheek, so I have fingers crossed that it will just go away on its own. Am too scared to ask for a MRI incase I have a brain tumor or something. Silly I know, but I cant help thinking these things, and now I'm just waiting to see if it all goes away on its own.
hey my name is adam adn im 16 i have these attacks where i feel as every thing is gonna go black things begin to ecko a litte and my eyes feel as there gonna roll in the back of my head i had and episode where my arms went paylized and i yelled call 911 then after the episode i forgot what really happened that all i can remember also one time i was at the hospitial and i jus fell over could not breath and my heart was racing they said it was a panick problem i do habe a knot on my head but they wont check it so idk but i hope for the best???
I too suffer from anxiety symptoms.  I have been to 4 different doctors and had blood work and physical exams and everyone tells me that it is anxiety.  Currently taking Lexapro for about 3 weeks now .. starting to see some improvement but I've been on Xanax and Ativan in the past.  My symptoms are just this pressure on my head and feeling shaky and cold, my heart races, I turn pale, stomach problems, etc.  I had a hard time accepting that it was all due to anxiety .. I was sure it was cancer or some terrible disease.  I even remember taking an aspirin before going to bed "in case" I had a heart attack.  Its pretty scary stuff.  You feel so helpless.  I'm a 25 year old female who feels about 70 years old sometimes.  I hope that this helps some of you who are worried about your symptoms.
as any body out there get tingking in there head and burning round scalp ive suffered from this now since july i mite ave fibromyalgia wating 2 c a nerologist
I am also a victom, Mine usely starts with a Headache and a tight feeling in my head, Sometimes i have wacky heart beats and i get a dark feeling of dread & doom, Alot of the time i also have this odd pain in my head and neck. Sometimes this all comes down on me at once, I can be in a room full of ppl (A shoping mall) or at my girlfriend's house and i start to shake alot like chills you would get with a cold and everything starts to look fake!, So far i've had only about 5 of these so called mild brakedowns or what ever you could call them. I often wonder if i might have done something to my neck at work cause i do alot of heavy lefting, My DR has me on Toprol & Alprazolam, The Toprol has helped my fast heart beats. I am a 23 year old guy and at times i feel like i am loseing my mind.
Indeed it is nice to know that im not alone in this, I hope you folks find a better cure then i've found.
I've been experiencing weird sensations in head for the past two months.  At first I thought I had vertigo but it would happen when I was sitting and not moving my head.  It feels like I have water in my head and like an out-of-body experience.  I went to the doctor and they said ANXIETY.  Like everyone it's hard to believe that anxiety would cause those funny sensations.  I think it's somehow connected to the sinus/ear area.  I do feel my ears a little plugged.  I don't have a cold but I do have some congestion in my head.  My ears like fine but may the doctors cannot diagnose that inner ear disease Larynth.. something.
I also have weird sensations in my head. When it first started it was a hot feeling in the back of my head that would only last a few seconds. I thought that it might be a pinched nerve. Now I will have these episodes were I feel like my brain is vibrating and cold sensations with tingling. The cold feeling will be in my head, face, and L ear. I often will feel disoriented or faintish when this happens with alot of pressure to the top of my head. The other night I could hear my head popping like rice krispies or something. I have told my doctor about it but he just says it is anxiety and that I need to learn to relax. I has a CT done about 2 yrs ago but I am to afraid to have another one. I have worried myself sick thinking I have a tumor/cancer. Does anyone else ever do this? I am so tired of feeling this way and being scared of what it is.
WOW... i am not crazy!!! Over the last 3 weeks i thought i was going crazy, actually more thought i had a brain tumor or something horrible. I started having this weird feeling on the top of my head, then it turned into tingling, buring, itching feeling, (hard to describe). My whole head would itch, but mainly my neck and the left side of my head would tingle. Sometimes i get flushed, and have chills, (which i get that with every anxiety attack) It comes and goes. My boyfriend has been giving me massages which really helps. I feel better the next day but it comes back. Also, i don't ever wake up with it, it comes throughout the day, after i dwell on that or anything else that stresses me out. Also, i have been seeing alot of people talking about the sinus thing, i have had sinus problems too, and feels like my sinuses are draining. Also i have lost my appetite. I threw up the other day, and didn't feel good for a couple of days, but i am pregnant so its hard to determine what that is from.  I have always had anxiety problems. I never thought anxitey could do this till now. I have had anxiety attacks before, but this is the first for the weird feeling head. I am almost 6 months pregnant, my best friend just had a premature baby at 26 weeks, I started having some premature contractions at 5 months. (found out due to being on my feet to much) a week later my grandpa passed away, not even a week later my boyfriends grandpa passed away, so needless to say i have had sooooo much stress going on in my life. So after reading all the forums i am assuming it is stress/anxiety. I am too scared to tell my doctor about the symptoms. So i just told her i needed something for my anxiety and she put me on prozac, which i don't hear about prozac anymore. Hope its okay. She wanted to put me on lexapro, but i didn't like what it did to me in the past. So guess being pregnant theres not to many options. Anyway i just wanted to say i am so glad i am not the only  one in the world with this. I was so scared until i read about it. It makes me feel so much better because 98% of the results have been stress, i seriously thought they would have been more tumors, or seriously health problems. So it has calmed me down. I just started to meds today so hopefully soon  will calm down. Sorry this is so long. Just so excited to discuss it. I haven't told anyone about this, i think there gonna tell me i am crazy or i am dying.