Weird sensations in head.

I'm new to the boards looking for support.Ive hade undiagnosed  anxiety sense I was in my teens.I'm 26 135lbs 5'8.Only other health problems is skipped beats(PAC) Holter monitor caught them.Was working in stadium hosted Rodeo's,roping,horse shows,etc (dusty and dirty).Was working in heat doing some carpentry work using woodfinisher(stain),polyurathan.Not shure if there cause of my problems or helped cause.Shortly after thats when my symptoms begin.I feel woozy sensations like my brains shakes for a sec. accompanyed by nausea,floating feeling while walking was worse at first.A slight head pressure like a books on top of my head at times.Lightheaded like my heads full of blood or not getting enough oxygen to brain.I get these tingly feeling in my head,shoulders, and arms.Not the same tingly u get when your arms asleep more like a rush of energy to my arms and shoulders makes me feel unsteady while standing.I have been to ER 3 times CT normal accept slightly clogged sinus.Blood work and all other workup normal.I also get these weird sensations in my nose maybe my sinuses feels like blood is rushing to my nose.No vertigo no syncope yet.Blood pressure is usually normal but at last ER doc says it was marginal.Been to volunteer clinic because I'm poor they are in a long (mounth and a half now)process of getting me a an apointment for nuero in OKC.3 mounths of these symptoms coming and going and my anxiety is at an all time high.I'm in fear of my symptoms.Only time they dont accure is when showering,driving, and playing my guitar.Looking for answers.
do you feel unreal when it happens? everything feels like its swirls around me, its feels that everything is there but its not really there, and the world could fold in on itself. also, does anybody else here feel the throbbing in your head? its not painful, its your heartbeat, but its loud and your head actually pulses with it. the "books on head" pressure is intense, mostly behind the bridge of my nose and behind my eyes. when it was at its worse, it lasted all day, everyday. started feeling like i couldn't even drive, if i move my head, it felt an action that was shown in slow motion. it went on until i took ambien at night to sleep. now, admittedly, i stayed up on ambien for a little while before sleeping because it made me feel very creative, relaxed, and carefree. during that time i didn't feel it anymore.

started a year ago. what it immediately reminded me of is SSRI withdrawal, the symptoms (most of them) are right on the dot. but i wasn't withdrawing. neurologist checked blood for everything, regular EEG and 24hr EEG showed nothing. no MRI yet though. the original suspicion was seizures, but the EEGs disproved it. so finally, he sold me he really thought it could be anxiety, a constant internal panic attack every day. i have been diagnosed with BPD, which could actually support emotional problems like anxiety causing it..

while we were trying to find the cause, i started taking Lamictal (anticonvulsant). began with the low dose and went up, each dose suppressed alot of it, but would start to eventually overcome the drug, and we'd have to up it again. i'm on 400mg day now, and most of the time i don't feel the head thing. when i have lots of different stress factors going on, when i feel guilty, basically when my emotions get intense, i think there's more force than lamictal can suppress. anger is a really rough one, but panic is of course the king of it all.

anyway, you should consider trying lamictal. its also a mood stabilizer, and has very few side effects compared to other drugs in its class, i haven't had any. its worked remarkably well, and i would like to know if it helps others with this problem. i'm grateful to be able to feel unrestrained (most of the time).
I'm getting this right now. I thought I would try and google what I was feeling and this was the first result. I'm so glad that this isn't anything serious. I'm a 16 year old male with anxiety problems and have anxiety/panic attacks on a daily basis. It mostly started a few days ago when I had a really killer headache, so bad I couldn't even keep my eyes open most of the time. The next day, this started to happen. It just feels like constant dizzyness or head rush or just tickling/warm sensation in the head/neck/face. Like I said, I'm feeling this right as I type this. I was having a panic attack before I checked this out, but thanks to you guys, I feel a lot more calm. Though I still can't shake the feeling that this is something serious. I guess it's just my anxiety issues.
Thankyou.

You've assuaged me that it's probably just anxiety, not a brain tumour. I've only been experiencing similar for four days but tonight decided to search my symptoms, this strange feeling along the top of my brain - like a mild brain freeze - and the anxiety that refused to go. I also have for longer had a problem finding words and conversing as usual. Does this fit in with the anxiety thing?

I experienced the funny sensation at times when I've been going over things past, trying to reconcile memories, late at night when I should've been getting to sleep. I recently had a whole day of it. This time I was worrying about my course. I'm doing a degree in Physics, and I'm very stressed out about it.

The funny sensation came on and hasn't left me. I first assumed it to be some form of hangovery punishment as I drank a half bottle of wine that day.

The first thing that came up using the search was brain tumour, and I use my mobile to my head way more than I should, although I believe scientific advice that it'd take huge amounts of RF signals to trigger a tumour. I know already I'm very anxious alot of the time, but never thought it'd manifest itself in such a physical way. Of course I'll see a doc, since this all leaves out that problem with my speech.

All the best.

Sarah.

I have an anxiety issue. Extreme physical symptoms in my head, mainly the left side. it switches from the side to the top and then to the back...its kinda like its clogged and i cant get enough oxygen in there. I also get my left sinus blocked when my anxiety is bad..i get the shakes and my left side of my body feels like its going weak, my head shakes for a few seconds... Ive ended up in the ER one nite because of this and it was put down to anxiety...so after stressing that i had a brain tumour for like 2 yrs i finally demanded a ct scan on my brain to see if i had a tumour/lesion/bleeding of the brain. And guess what?? i dont!  theres nothing wrong with my brain at all and this is anxiety.  As i type i still have these symptoms, its common people.  Please put your mind at rest and get a ct scan done.  Its the best money spent. Also blood tests to rule anything out...myne all came back fine except for my liver which im dealing with at the moment..  take it easy people and get yourself tested xo
When I was reading your posts i knew it was epilepsy.  I have had epilepsy since I was 15 (I'm 46 now) and arterial spasm angina from my stupidity misusing Phenergan (an antihistamine). I only ever got partial seizures and was on meds for 7 years. I now only get little seizures sometimes in my sleep or the strange sensations on the right side of my head - it feels to me light a light switch being flicked quickly off then back on in my head as well as the other feelings you've all described.

I've had quite a few of these episodes lately since I had surgery last week. It started just after a cortisone injection before a platelet transfusion prior to my general anesthetic. I know it's epileptic episodes because it is in exactly the same spot of my head from where I get the feelings before a seizure.

Are they scary? Yes because you feel like you're going to lose consciousness but it is possible to fight them back. As for brain tumors, they're rare.
I have also had a lot of these symptoms you all have described. I'm only 22 years old. I have this wierd sensation come over my head, it feels like a light pressure and it feels kind of like motion.  I also get this weird pressure in my nose, that feels weird.  It all started after I was sitting and doing my homework and then I almost blacked out.  About two years ago, I started having heart palpitations and went to many doctors and was even hospitalized but all the tests came out negative.  I was told that I am probably having panic attacks.  I don't understand that because I am usually not panicked when I have them, but sometimes I am.  I do not have them anymore to that degree.  Thank God.  I felt like no one understood what I was going through, I have even stopped going to the gym for fear I will pass out.  I am scheduled for an echocardiogram and a CT scan soon, hopefully it will be nothing bad.  It actually made me almost cry to read so many of your stories and know that I am  not alone.  I was scared that I had a brain tumor or that something horrible was going to happen.  Thank you so much for sharing your stories, it means the world to me!

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community